Summer break is here! You will want to have these summer craft ideas in your arsenal for every time you hear “Mom, I’m Bored”! Here are 50 kid tested and Mom approved boredom busters sure to create hours of summer fun!
Summer Crafts and Boredom Busters
Here is a long list of DIYs to do when you’re bored! You will find art projects and craft projects that will keep kids busy this summer. Look through the list and grab some crafting supplies to keep on hand for when you hear, “I’m bored”. They will love the summer time!
- Go back in time and make can phones
- Get sewing with these beautiful printable sewing sheets.
- Have some ooey gooey fun with homemade slime
- We love this fluffy slime.
- Learn about science and let your kids think you are amazing by making some oobleck
- Make a summer journal covered with your child’s artwork
- Explore underwater with a DIY aqua scope
- Catch butterflies with a homemade butterfly net
- Have fun with a bubble blower and more tips with a bubble snake.
- Hold a backyard regatta with these clever juice box boats
- Make your own dazzling Kaleidoscope
- Paint it up with amazing homemade puffy paint
- Set your back yard aglow with beautiful tin can lanterns
- Strike up the band with your own homemade musical instruments
- Make friendship bracelets for all your friends
- Get creative with this cute rock tutorial
- Tell your fortune with this printable fortune teller
- Make your beach towel super easy to carry to the pool by making it into a clever beach towel tote bag
- Make an entertaining yo yo balloon
- Make your own DIY Chia Pet
- Bring on the rain with a homemade rain stick
- Create a beautiful bracelet on your next nature walk
- Play with you food with this edible food paint
- Practice crochet and create a beautiful crochet mosaic
- Make smores on a stick
- Make your own scratch off paper –so cool!
- Make chalk paint to decorate sidewalks and patios
- Get creative and make your own Stepping Stones
- Personalize your own Yo Yo
- Keep in touch with friends with these homemade postcards
- Watch Brave and make a DIY bow and arrow
- Make your own beary cute softie with this printable
- Go on an adventure and keep your boys happy all summer with this duct tape bullwhip
- Marbleize Paper with this recipe
- Plant some fun and create a flower pot person
- Go outside and play catch with this DIY bleach bottle catch game!
- Make your own fabric scrap dolls
- Decorate your flip flops with this duct tape flower
- Stamp out boredom and make your own homemade rubber stamps
- Have a water fight with these summer sponge bombs
- Sew a simple bookmark for your favorite book
- Get involved with nature with DIY Birdhouse
- Cool off with the best ice cream sandwich recipe
- Make bread in a bag
- Make ice cream in a bag
- Keep kids reading by reading the book “Arnie The Doughnut” and then make felt donuts
- Make rock candy
- Guaranteed hours of fun make homemade playdough
- Create your very own creature!
- Do more than color make your own crayons in cool shapes for all sorts of fun
- Make your own Lemonade Stand
- Learn how to tie dye and turn it into a cool bag.
- We also love squirt gun tie-dye.
- Kids will love to decorate their room with a washi tape light switch cover.
- This crab paper plate craft is super cute.
- Kids will feel proud when they see their very own DIY kid created wall art hanging on the wall. These even have good reminders.
- Rock Painting is always hit. Remember making pet rocks?
More Crafts for Kids
Make the fun last all summer long! How about these fun summer crafts and kids activities.
If you find it too hot or rainy to be outside these indoor art and crafts projects would entertain and engage little hands for hours!
- Paper Towel Butterflies
- Get a head start on your Christmas gifts this summer by making DIY Child’s Art Candles
- Painted Pasta Necklaces
So many fun crafts to do when kids are bored! You will be able to turn off the screens and turn on creativity. You are ready for an awesome summer.
For more summer fun check out these genius summer hacks.
Need some help managing screen time this summer? This printable screen time rules is very helpfiul.