Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
At our house, we love to celebrate the Christmas season with an Advent Calendar. This countdown calendar for Christmas focuses on bringing the family together and spending time with each other.
Just print out this advent calendar, assemble, and be ready for a month of fun and togetherness with your family. Read on for fun activities, and more fantastic calendar ideas. You might even want to make homemade Christmas gifts.
What is an Advent Calendar?
Advent Calendars are such a fun way to bring your family closer during the holidays. I love to count down the days to Christmas with them, and each day is always a surprise of what advent activities we’ll be doing next.
Advent is traditionally marked as a season that anticipated the birth of Jesus Christ. The word “advent” is Latin for “coming,” and the start of the season can fall between November 27 and December 3. Most modern Advent calendars start on December 1 and have holiday themed activities.
It makes me stop in this busy season and take a moment to make memories with my family. I hope that you all have a wonderful holiday season and enjoy this time with your families!
DIY Advent Calendar
This printable kids Advent Calendar counts down to Christmas with a fun activity each day. What a great way to celebrate and countdown to Christmas with your family every day for the month of December.
This Printable Advent Calendar is modern, full of color, and sure to brighten up any space in your home this holiday. It’s easy to put together and a great way for you and your family to spend some time with each other and assemble the envelopes, and get each of you thinking what you’d like to do for each day of the month. There are plenty of blank cards to add your own ideas.
This is how easy it is to assemble the envelopes together.
- Download and print the envelopes, insert activity cards, and blank insert card if you are going to use them.
- Cut out all of your envelopes and fold the tabs, the middle, and top of the envelope.
- Put glue on the tabs and fold over the envelope, pressing firmly on the sides so that the tabs and the front of the envelope stick.
- Insert your activity card and fold over the top of the envelope.
For the activity cards, there are 25 that are all ready to go and you can simply print, cut them out, and insert them into an envelope or there is a page of blank activity cards for you to fill in.
Advent Calendar Activities
Here is a list of fun activities for Advent. All are great ideas that can be Christmas themed or just family oriented to help you spend more time together.
- Play a game
- Decorate Christmas cookies
- Have a special friend for dinner
- Make Christmas ornaments
- Make hot chocolate and read Christmas stories
- Decorate a Gingerbread house
- Play cards
- Drive around to see neighborhood Christmas lights (put hot cocoa in to-go cups and put on PJs)
- Watch a Holiday movie
- Roast marshmallows in the fireplace
- Do a Christmas craft
- Have ice cream sundaes with special toppings
- Have breakfast for dinner
- Handwrite letters to friends that live away
- Write something nice about each family member on a slip of paper and place it under their pillow
- Bake Cookies
- buy a gift for someone in need
- make a handmade gift
- Write a letter to Santa
- Cut snowflakes for the windows
- Color a Christmas Coloring Page
- Make a family video
- Do something nice for a neighbor
- Decorate the Christmas Tree
- Do a puzzle together
Megan from Short Stop Designs has created this darling printed advent calendar just for you! Now you are ready for family fun all the days leading to Christmas.
I am hoping this printable advent calendar helps you enjoy each other and slow down this holiday season and spend time together.
More cute Calendar ideaS
I love to make advent calendars and have made several over the years. Having a Christmas countdown leading up to Christmas also makes fun holiday decorations! Look at all the fun DIY Advent Calendar ideas you can make yourself. What a wonderful keepsake!
DIY Fabric Advent Calendar – Another cute and clever use of wooden clothespins and your brightest bits of fabric!
Felt Reindeer Advent Calendar – Hang your reindeer on ribbons by using clothespins for the antlers.
Paper Stocking Advent Calendar – cut this out with your Cricut or Silhouette cutting machine (free cutting files)
Little Birdie Felt Calendar – How cute is this free template? What a great Christmas ornament idea, too!
DIY Tree Advent Calendar – I just love the rustic look of this one!
Recycled K-cup Christmas Tree – You could also use toilet paper rolls
Christmas Book Countdown – This is such a fun 12 day calendar. You can’t go wrong with a selection of classic books to cozy up with!
The story of the Nativity – A nativity theme with the manger scene is a traditional way to count down to Christmas.
So many perfect Advent calendars for kids! If you are looking for something for the adults how about these: