How about a reindeer advent calendar so easy a child can make it! It is not only easy but quick. We made this darling DIY advent calendar for our cousin. Each year we will send her the items to refill. It makes a great gift for the entire family. At our house Advent Calendars are a big deal. We love thinking up new ways to countdown to Christmas. If you don’t sew or would rather focus on family activities I have a super cute printable Advent Calendar.
DIY Reindeer Advent Calendar
Reindeer Advent Calendar Supplies
- brown felt (13 sheets)
- dissapearing marking pen (affiliate link)
- tacky glue
- 25 1 inch red pom poms
- 50 googly eyes
- 50 clothes pins
- sewing machine
- reindeer template
- numbers (we found our number hang tags at a craft store)
How to make an Advent Calendar
With just a few steps this Reindeer Advent Calendar can be made in no time at all.
- Download,print and cut out reindeer template.
- Fold the piece of brown craft felt in half.
- Trace around the reindeer template with a disappearing marking pen.
- Stitch along the pen mark. Be sure to stitch back and forth at each side to reinforce the opening.
5. Cut out the reindeer close to the stitching line. Be careful to not clip the seam.
6. Glue eyes and nose to the reindeer
Bella found it easiest to make the reindeer Advent Calendar assembly style. She was so ambitious she even made one for herself.
The clothes pins become the antlers! Too funny!
Hang the reindeer on a ribbon and you are ready to countdown to Christmas! I love how my niece hung it on her daughter’s bed!
Fill the Advent calendar with sweet treats, small toys and or activity cards. Here are some printable Advent activity cards.
Advent Calendar Ideas
You might like to see some of our other Advent Calendars!
and there is more…