A Recycled Advent Calendar is a perfect family craft and you get to re-use K-Cups that could be filling up a landfill! We use a Keurig at our home. At first, I was concerned about the cost but realized we weren’t throwing away coffee so it made sense for us. There was still one thing that bothered us….. throwing away all the K-Cups. It seems like a huge environmental footprint when you think of the billions of cups being thrown away…. actually 2.8 billion cubic feet of waste in our landfills every year to be exact! 16 million US households now own single-serve brewers and that equates to 9.6 BILLION cups every year. Well, now there is a handy way to recycle those cups, The Recycle A Cup. It is specifically designed to help you split the K-Cups into their individually recyclable pieces.
It cuts and separates the Keurig K-Cups for recycling. Load the used K-Cup in the Recycle A Cup holder.
Place the lid onto the holder, and twist the lid 1/4 of a turn. Press both cartridge buttons. Keep the buttons pressed and turn the lid completely around the cup.
It neatly separates the pieces for easy recycling and crafting!
So throw the grounds and paper on the compost pile, foil into the recycling, and be sure to save the plastic cup to make an amazing Advent Calendar!
You can order your Recycle A Cup through recycleacup.com and also get FREE SHIPPING!
Now let’s make a Creative and Cute Advent Calendar!
To get started on the Recycled Advent Calendar
You will need:
- 2-inch hole punch
- patterned paper
- tape roller
- green cardboard (or cardboard painted green
- dimensional glitter sticker numbers
- glue gun
- mini candy bars.
The plastic K-Cups cups hold a bite-size candy bar perfectly!
Punch 25- 2 inch circles to cover the tops of the cups.
Stick a number on each of the circles.
Place the tape around the back edge of each circle.
Place circles on top of the cups.
Cut a tree shape out of green cardboard.
Hot glue cups to the green cardboard.
What a great way to upcycle those plastic cups!
Please tell all your friends about Recycle A Cup. We can each make this small contribution to our environment that will have a significant impact!
More Great Christmas Ideas
- FUN & Festive Christmas Crafts That Are EASY! These easy Christmas art projects will make holiday decor fun, with everything from Christmas ornaments to Christmas gifts.
- Christmas Placemats are loaded with fun activities to keep kids busy and entertained during your holiday parties.
- This darling Christmas stocking pattern is fully lined and super simple to sew! Christmas Stocking Pattern
- Christmas Tree Napkin are an easy project to sew for a festive table. This easy project can be whipped up in minutes and is an easy beginner sewing project.
- I think these are my favorite Christmas tags yet! Whimsical & Fun Christmas Tags
- FUN Christmas Charades (Free Printable Game) Free printable cards make playing this game with a group easy!