This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
We are huge fans of Advent Calendars and our family considers the countdown to Christmas to be a special time. You’ll love this cute calendar and be sure to fill the muslin bags with these printable advent activity cards along with candies and special treats.
You will be surprised how quickly this advent calendar comes together. All you need to do is cut out the numbers and press them onto premade muslin bags. So EASY to create something that will provide a month of family memories.
What I used to make the Advent Calendar
- 24 – 3 X 5-inch muslins bags (you can do 25 if you like) (I found these at Michaels)
- Cricut Everyday Iron-On Vinyl in red https://cricut.com/en_us/cutting-materials/iron-on-vinyl/everyday.html
- Cricut Easy Press
- Cricut Maker
- Cricut EasyPress Mat
TIP: This Cricuit Christmas Advent project would also work great with the Cricut Joy.
How to Make an Advent Calendar with Cricut
Connect the Cricut Maker to your computer.
Open Cricut Design Space
Select the type tool. Choose bernard mt condensed font and type the number 1 and make it 2 inches tall. Type the remaining numbers.
Select Make It.
Turn on the Mirror function and hit continue.
Select Everyday Iron-On.
Place a 12 X 12-inch piece of vinyl on the cutting mat. shiny side down.
Load the cutting mat and begin cutting.
Remove the vinyl from the mat and cut a rectangle around each number.
Next, remove the vinyl around the number with the weeding tool. (notice the numbers are backward)
Using the Cricut Easy Press
Turn on the Easy Press. Heat to 315°. When in doubt you can go to the Cricut Heat Guide and put in the materials you are working with and it will tell you exactly what to do!
Before you place the number on the muslin bag, do a pre-press with the EasyPress for about 5 seconds. This will flatten the muslin bag and help get the process started.
Flip the number over and place the number on top of the muslin bag liner side up. Notice it is now facing the right way.
Place the Easy Press on top of the number for 30 seconds with light pressure. Flip over and press another 15 seconds.
Slowly remove the plastic film while warm.
How easy was that? Now all you need to do is fill your bags with small treats and activities. You are ready for a fun-filled holiday!
Hang the bags from ribbon or garland. I found this felted ball garland at Michaels. Advent Calendars are such a fun way to build excitement and make memories.
More Cricut Projects
More Advent Calendar Ideas
- If you are looking for ways to strengthen your family and make special memories this Printable Nativity Advent Calendar is perfect.
- This countdown calendar for Christmas focuses on bringing the family together and spending time with each other. FREE Printable Advent Calendar with loads of fun activities!
- Reindeer Advent Calendar is so easy a child can make it!
- Midnight Christmas Village DIY Advent Activity Calendar is the perfect DIY Advent activity calendar to count down the days to Christmas!
- How to make an Advent Calendar Years ago we made a few families’ Advent Calendars. Each year I gather up items and send them to refill their calendar.
- I think they make a great gift to give to a family. Fabric Gift Tag Advent Calendar Tutorial
- This is a simple project but does take time so get started now! Felt Advent Calendar Tutorial
- Recycled Advent Calendar is a perfect family craft and you get to re-use K-Cups that could be filling up a landfill!