Cricut gave me one of their cartridges to review and let me say this one is fantastic! There are so many fun motifs! From swirls and flowers to even cupcake wrappers! Store bought cupcake wrappers can be really pricey! I love that I can now cut them out on my cricut!
All you do is cut (I cut at 2 1/2″) and wrap!
Looking for a yummy strawberry frosting give this one from Martha a try. I loved the frosting (melts though in hot weather). The strawberry cupcakes were dense and without much strawberry flavor.
Strawberry Frosting from Sprinkles Cupcakes via Martha
Makes enough for 1 dozen cupcakes
- 1/2 cup whole frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, firm and slightly cold
- Pinch of coarse salt
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place strawberries in the bowl of a small food processor; process until pureed. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and salt on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce mixer speed and slowly add confectioners’ sugar; beat until well combined. Add vanilla and 3 tablespoons strawberry puree (save any remaining strawberry puree for another use); mix until just blended. Do not overmix or frosting will incorporate too much air. Frosting consistency should be dense and creamy, like ice cream.