Make your own cupcake wrappers! Store-bought cupcake wrappers can be really pricey! I love that I can cut them out on my Cricut!
These cupcake wrappers pictured here were cut back in the day with a Cricut cartridge. The Cindy Loo cartridge (great name huh?) has two designs.
All you do is cut (I cut at 2 1/2″) and wrap!
UPDATED: No need for a cartridge these days my good friend Jen Goode has darling cupcake wrapper in the Cricut Design Space. Check out here Pretty Flower Wrappers. These cupcake wrappers could also be cut on the Cricut Joy.
Looking for a yummy strawberry frosting give this one from Martha a try. I loved the frosting (melts though in hot weather). The strawberry cupcakes were dense and without much strawberry flavor.
- 1/2 cup whole frozen strawberries thawed
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) firm and slightly cold
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar (powdered sugar) sifted
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place strawberries in the bowl of a small food processor; process until pureed. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and salt on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce mixer speed and slowly add confectioners’ sugar; beat until well combined. Add vanilla and 3 tablespoons strawberry puree (save any remaining strawberry puree for another use); mix until just blended. Do not overmix or frosting will incorporate too much air. Frosting consistency should be dense and creamy, like ice cream.