Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Learn how to draw a pumpkin with this cool stem and lots of details. Drawing a realistic pumpkin like this is really easy with our step by step tutorial.
Supplies For Drawing a Pumpkin
- Black pen or felt tip marker for final outlining (optional)
How to Draw a Pumpkin Step by Step
- First find the center of the paper. This is where the first segment goes. With your pencil, draw a long oval that is narrower at the top than the bottom.
- Second, with your pencil at the top on the right side of the segment, draw a long oval out, down and curving back in to the first segment. This segment is tucked behind the first oval segment.
- Third, repeat with a long oval on the left side now. You have completed the front 3 segments.
- Fourth, add a thinner oval to the right side. This segment is still curved, but it is tucked behind the other, so it appears smaller.
- Fifth, this step has 3 parts: first add a thinner oval to the left side to match the right side, second add a skinny oval to the right side and third, add a Hershey’s Kiss shaped stem to the top of your pumpkin.
- Sixth, add a skinny oval to the left side.
- Seventh, draw four short curving lines from the stem down the back of the pumpkin.
- Eighth, add the final 2 lines that make the back of the pumpkin and add curved lines on the stem to show texture. Where the stem connects to the pumpkin, use curved lines to draw the edge of the stem.
- Ninth, draw short angled downward strokes on the 4 right hand segments.
- Finally, the center segment gets 5 bursts of downward strokes for texture. The remaining segments get short angled strokes. Notice how the segments on the back get texture lines at the top. Then add long texture lines curving up from the bottom of the pumpkin to make it look round.