Learn how to draw a dog with this step by step easy drawing tutorial. This simple drawing guide will show you an easy way to draw a dog in no time at all.
There are more fun things to draw with more basic drawings.
How to Draw a Dog
Are you ready to draw a simple dog? Whether you’re an experienced artist or a beginner, you can follow this step by step tutorial and create your very own masterpiece of man’s best friend. It is made up of very basic shapes. Put them all together and you have a dog sitting looking adorable with this beginner easy dog drawing.
- Begin by drawing an oval shape. This series of ovals and circles should be very lightly sketched. All the oval shapes will be erased.
- In steps 6 and 7 draw the front legs.
- In steps, 8 through 12 draw a pair of hind legs and feet.
- Step 13 and 14 add a wiggly tail.
- Step 19 begin adding dog ears to the dog’s head
- Step 23 begin drawing all the features of the dog face. Small circles with a white highlight dot easily make the dog’s eyes.
- Once the drawing is finished use an eraser to carefully erase the circles and ovals and you have a cute puppy!
This printable will be a handy reference while you work through the quick tutorial. This guide will be a huge help. Download the PDF print in black and white on regular copy paper.
my favorite drawing supplies
- Sketching Pencils
- Kneaded Rubber Eraser
- Sketch Pad
- Erasable Colored Pencils
- Fine markers
- Sketch and Drawing Art Pencil Set
- Artist drawing set (This is great for new and experienced artists. It’s also something I give as a gift.)
Dog Drawing Video
Making a cute dog drawing easy really isn’t that hard and once you know how to draw a dog face, the body is just a few more lines. This video might provide a bit more instruction. It is like an online drawing art class! Enjoy!
- Adding highlights and shading with pencils will make a more realistic drawing. Create texture by sketching fur. You can even make a dog’s portrait by noticing the special characteristics of the dog. Details like spots will make your dog unique.
- If you want a cartoon dog, use this easy dog sketch and just draw the black lines and maybe exaggerate the facial features making larger eyes and dog nose and maybe big floppy ears for example.
- If you want to make color drawings colored pencils, watercolors, markers or oil pastels can be used to give even more personality.
Now you have simple steps for how to draw a dog easy! With all of the different breeds of dogs out there, there are so many dog pictures to draw. You might try a Siberian husky, cut pug or golden retriever. Just pay close attention to the dog’s features. Check out these dog coloring book pages for inspiration for drawing man’s best friend.
More Drawing Tutorials
With just a bit of practice, you will be able to draw animals and more! What will you draw next? How about some farm animals? Try one of these lessons. Remember though, these are merely guidelines with basic fundamentals. Be sure to give your drawings your own personal touch and be creative!
- You might like this horse drawing
- Maybe your pet is a cat. This cat drawing will go perfectly with your dog!
- If you prefer something more magical give this unicorn drawing a go.
- Dragons are also fun!
- Learn how to draw roses and an easy flower pencil sketch,
- If drawing a cartoon is more your style give this cartoon turkey drawing a try. Simple line art drawings can be fun!
- Everyone is into fungi! Try How to Draw a Mushroom.
- You might also like to have some fun with these Pet Puns!’
- How to Draw a Cat Easy Drawing Tutorial