This easy guide will teach you how to draw a flower step by step! You will be so proud of your drawing.
How to Draw a Flower
Flowers are very easy to draw with these step by step instructions. In no time at all, you will be making beautiful flowers.
download —-> Printable Flower Drawing Guide
How to Draw a Flower Step by Step
This simple step by step tutorial will show you just what to do. This real flower is simply a series of simple shapes.
Make the shapes more exaggerated if you want to draw a cartoon flower. You might even make the center of the flower larger and add facial features for a silly cartoon.
Grab a piece of paper and let’s get started.
- Start sketching a light oval. This will be a guide for the shape of the flower and erased later.
- Add a smaller oval in the lower right, just off center inside the first oval.
- Begin adding petals around the small oval. Notice how the petals follow the shape of the large oval.
- Add small lines inside the petals coming off the small center oval.
- Make two long curved lines at the bottom of the flower for the stem.
- Draw a leaf shape at the bottom of the stem.
- Draw a long line in the center of the leaf to add detail and dimension.
Now you are ready to create great flowers! Watch this video for more help. This is for sure how to draw flowers easy!
Looking for more drawing guides check out these tutorials:
- How to Draw a Rose you’ll learn to draw roses step by step
- How to Draw a Dog
- Unicorn Drawing
- Horse Drawing
You are ready to get started with these drawing tips! What type of flower would you like to draw next? Looking for more easy flowers to draw maybe draw lily or a tulip? Don’t worry if you don’t get it perfect your first try! Relax and enjoy the process.
Drawing is a fun activity and builds creativity and encourages thinking! Just like everything else practice makes perfect! Start by drawing simple things and soon you will be able to draw eyes.
This is a nice set of pencils that even comes in a case perfect for sketching on the go!