Learn how to draw a turkey in 6 easy steps. This cute turkey cartoon drawing can be added to invitations, decorations, and even placemats to help you celebrate Thanksgiving. It is a simple turkey drawing tutorial that the whole family will love to draw and includes a free Thanksgiving turkey drawing printable!
Turkey Drawing Instructions
If your kids and guests need an activity to keep them busy while the Holiday dinner cooks, this cute turkey drawing is perfect. After you have drawn this easy turkey drawing you will want to check out more things to draw, including a beautiful rose and cute unicorn!
How to draw a turkey for Beginners
Grab a piece of paper and follow these step-by-step instructions and you will learn how to draw a cartoon turkey before you even start your Thanksgiving dinner. Download and print the steps on plain copy paper. Set these sheets along with plain paper (or cover the table in white butcher paper) and colored pencils and the kids will have a great time!
- Start with a big circle for the turkey body
- Add a skinny neck, continue by drawing a small circle to make the turkey’s head, then add a hat and beak.
- Put in an eyeball and give him a wing.
- Add tail feathers
- Next, add legs and turkey feet.
- Give him some color and you are done.
my favorite drawing supplies
- Sketching Pencils
- Kneaded Rubber Eraser
- Sketch Pad
- Erasable Colored Pencils
- Fine markers
- Sketch and Drawing Art Pencil Set
- Artist drawing set (This is great for new and experienced artists. It’s also something I give as a gift.)
I hope the activities provide fun ways to keep kids and adults busy at your gatherings. If you are looking for more ideas for family check these out.
- You might like these turkey coloring pages for ideas on more turkeys to sketch.D
- Show your thankfulness by listing those things you are grateful for with these Thanksgiving coloring pages.
- Thanksgiving Trivia – test your guests’ knowledge with these free printable trivia sheets
- Thanksgiving Conversation Starters – often it can be hard to get the conversation started. Don’t worry these printable questions ensure lively conversations.
- Make a Pilgrim Hat
- Making a Pilgrim Bonnet is a fun craft.
- Make a Mayflower Ship – printable paper makes it easy to fold this boat and they look great filled with candy at your Thanksgiving table!
- Easy Pumpkin sketch to go with your cartoon turkey! Use these pumpkin coloring pages for inspiration.
Have fun this holiday with these activities!