Make Amazing Gifts! Let me take the stress out of Holiday gift giving. Learn More
Conversation starters are a great way to keep family and guests entertained before during and or after your meal. These printable cards give you non-controversial conversation topics and things to talk about. Your guest will also have fun testing their knowledge with this printable Thanksgiving Trivia game.
There are 30 questions that are easy and fun to answer. Some might make you think a little bit harder. My favorite question that I cannot wait to ask is “If you had intro music, what would it be and why?”
Place a question at each person’s plate, or have your guests pull out a question from a small decorative jar. Have fun with the questions! These conversation questions are the perfect way to get to know your guest just a bit better! Plus you won’t need to ever worry about how to start a conversation!
List of Conversation Starters
- What is the most beautiful place you have been?
- What is your favorite season? Why?
- If you had to change your name, what would your new name be?
- What is something that really annoys you?
- What is your biggest fear? Why?
- What is the best gift you have ever been given?
- If you opened a restaurant, what kind of food would you serve?
- What is your favorite holiday? Why?
- If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
- What was the last book you read?
- Describe yourself in two words.
- How much time do you spend on the internet? What do you usually do?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What is one goal you have for the year?
- Would you rather go back in time or go to the future?
- Would you rather go to the beach or the mountains?
- If you could invent something, what would it be?
- What is one of the most important things you’ve learned?
- What is one thing you can’t leave home without?
- What is one thing that you are really good at?
- What is the best vacation you have ever been on?
- What is your favorite thing to do to relax?
- What is your earliest memory?
- Would you rather live in a house, on a boat, or in space?
- Would you rather stay up late or go to bed early?
- What is your favorite thing to do with your family?
- If you had intro music, what song would it be? Why?
- What word or saying from the past do you think should come back?
- What is the best room in your house? Why?
- What is a TV series you enjoy?
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
- What is your favorite TV Show?
- Do you have something you would consider a guilty pleasure?
- What is one food that you could eat every day for the rest of your life?
Sometimes it is hard coming up with things to talk about at the dinner table. These cards take away the pressure! You will love hearing the answers to the questions. You might even be surprised at their answers. What a great way to get to know friends and family!
Megan from Short Stop Designs has designed these conversation starters just for you. The colorful printable cards are perfect for your Thanksgiving gathering or any fall gathering. How cute!
More Good Conversation Starters
Whether you are meeting new people or having dinner with family there are more sets of questions to keep the conversation flowing at all your gatherings. Get ready for a great conversation! Don t be afraid to start a fun conversation. It might start as small talk and then you find yourself in deep conversation. You might find a few common interests with friends and family that you didn’t know.
- Click here for another fun list of questions. You will even find printable questions for Easter and Christmas.
- Another fun thing to do is play Would You Rather. These simple would you rather questions ask a person to decide between two equally desirable or undesirable choices. Kids will love this tutorial on how to draw a turkey.
All these are good conversation starters for kids and adults. Hopefully, they will help everyone put down their phones (unless you have pulled up the questions on your phone lol) and start listening and learning. Small talk can take practice. These questions make it easy.
You may also like this thanksgiving trivia!