Dinner conversation starters will get the conversation flowing at your dinner! These good questions will help you avoid awkward silence or even worse emotionally charged conversations by giving your guests good questions to answer. Enjoy these conversation starters for all your holiday meals. Another way to entertain guests and host an amusing dinner is to play Would You Rather. Just print off these funny questions and listen to the laughter!
50 Conversation Starters
Here is a list of 50 good conversation starters:
- Use one word to describe your family?
- If you could adopt a trait from another person at this table, what would it be?
- Where is your most favorite spot in your home?
- What is your most favorite family activity?
- Is there a household chore you like doing?
- If you could change lives with any relative for one day, who would it be?
- If you could give your parents one tip on how to be a better parent, what would it be?
- What is your most favorite family vacation?
- If you had to choose only one kind of dessert to eat for a year what would it be?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world where would you choose?
- Which TV family is most like your own?
- If had one wish (and you can’t wish for more wishes), what would you wish for and why?
- What is the most beautiful place you have been?
- What is your favorite season? Why?
- If you had to change your name, what would your new name be?
- What is something that really annoys you?
- What is your biggest fear? Why?
- What is the best gift you have ever been given?
- If you opened a restaurant, what kind of food would you serve?
- What is your favorite holiday? Why?
- If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
- What was the last book you read?
- Describe yourself in two words.
- How much time do you spend on the internet? What do you usually do?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What is one goal you have for the year?
- Would you rather go back in time or go to the future?
- Would you rather go to the beach or the mountains?
- If you could invent something, what would it be?
- What is one of the most important things you’ve learned?
- What is one thing you can’t leave home without?
- What is one thing that you are really good at?
- What is the best vacation you have ever been on?
- What is your favorite thing to do to relax?
- What is your earliest memory?
- Would you rather live in a house, on a boat, or in space?
- Would you rather stay up late or go to bed early?
- What is your favorite thing to do with your family?
- If you had intro music, what song would it be? Why?
- What word or saying from the past do you think should come back?
- What is the best room in your house? Why?
- What is a TV series you enjoy?
- What product from an infomercial would you most like to own?
- If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?
- If you could have a super power what would it be?
- If you could have personally witnessed one event in history, what would you choose?
- If you were a circus performer, what act would you perform?
- If you could add one item to your bedroom, what would you choose?
- If you could stop doing one chore around the house what would it be?
- If you could pick a new first name, what name would you choose?
What is a Good Conversation Question to ask people?
Here are loads of printable questions for starting a conversation. While most of the topics work all year long these printables have holiday designs for your special dinners.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Dinner Conversation Starters
Make it extra festive by placing the dinner questions inside plastic Easter eggs. Fill up an Easter Basket with the eggs and pass them around your dinner table. Each guest can take an egg and answer the question inside. It will be a fun dinner game to play and start a great conversation.
Download the PDF, print in color on white copy paper. Cut the questions apart. If you would like to make cards to set at each place setting or to pass around print on white cardstock. This will make them more sturdy.
Your guests will leave knowing more about each other and have wonderful memories of Easter!
Dinner conversation Starters for fall dinners
Holiday Conversation Questions
Small talk to a deep conversation you need a good conversation starter. I hope these help strike up a fun conversation!