Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Making these simple flower arrangements for tables is a quick and really cheap way to dress up a table! You don’t have to be formally trained in floral design to create your own beautiful home decor. In fact, I think you are going to love how easy these DIY flower centerpieces are to make!
You’ll also love these 20 beautiful diy wreath patterns. You’ll find wreaths using all sorts of materials and easy to follow instructions! My favorite is the sunflower wreath, I just love the simple flower design.
I love having fresh flowers in my home. Usually, you will find a simple bouquet in a glass vase on my entry table and coffee table. Add a little flower food to a grocery store bouquet and it is surprising how long they last.
I don’t always purchase my flowers though… I am always cutting all different types of flowers and greenery from my yard. Did you see my forsythia and egg tree? When you learn how to make flower arrangements, you can save quite a bit of money with your own diy flower arrangements.
Here is What You Need to Make These Floral Centerpieces
- Wet Floral Foam – a 3 pack is about $4.00 at Walmart, and will make 12 (you can see type of foam here)
- Plastic plant saucers – .35 cents each at Walmart like this
- Taper Candles – less than a dollar each
- Fresh Flowers – free, I used blooming branches from my yard
How to Make Floral Arrangement Step By Step
- Cut floral foam in half lengthwise and then each piece in half to fit in the plastic saucer. If your container is different measure accordingly. The foam needs to fit securely.
- Slightly trim off bottom corners of the foam at an angle so the foam sits snugly into the plastic saucer.
- Remove the foam from the container and soak in water until it is completely saturated.
- Replace the wet foam into the container and add a candle. (I wish the candles I had on han hand had been a bit taller.)
- Cut the stems of the flowers and stick them into the foam.
Depending on the flowers you use, if you keep the floral foam wet these flower centerpieces will last for days! This centerpiece idea is even great to make in the winter with evergreen from your yard!
I made 7 simple centerpieces for less than $1.00 each! Such inexpensive table decor.
The flowers make a lovely focal point and you can choose your color palette by the flowers you have available. These arrangements would make beautiful wedding centerpieces too!
More Easy Flower Arrangement Ideas
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
Paula S says
Brilliant! Thanks for the tutorial – will be making some this weekend for a family dinner, just in the nick of time.
Wow! Awesome idea, thanks for sharing
simple. inexpensive. gorgeous.
Perfect for me! ;D
I’ve always needed inspiration and now I have it! Thanks so much.
That’s really beautiful and inspiring! Thanks!!
These are great, they might be perfect for my friend’s wedding.
I love it! Your table looks stunning!
I love this idea. It looks beautiful and appreciate the ideas. Thanks for following me on BlogFrog. I look forward to more posts.
innovative idea. mass production but with an individual look. works for me!
Um besides the fact that the table looks so spring-y and fun, how did you manage to even write this post having done a days worth of hourly posts yesterday?
I’m super impressed, plus a little ashamed seeing as I have yet to post for the day…