Are you looking for a fun Thanksgiving game you can play with the whole family? You’re in the right place as I’ve got the perfect game for you!
Thanksgiving Would You Rather questions are designed to entertain, provoke thought, start fun dinner conversations, and bring joy to your celebration. So, gather around the table, loosen your belts, and prepare for laughter, storytelling, and perhaps a few unexpected revelations. To make things even easier, I’m sharing free printable question cards for these games, ensuring that the laughter and joy continue effortlessly, and your entire family can remember this awesome Thanksgiving forever.
How to Play Thanksgiving Would You Rather
Playing “Would You Rather” is the perfect activity because it’s fun, simple, and can be enjoyed by all ages. The best part is that it takes very little prep! Here’s how to set it up and get the game going:
Step 1: Gather A Group of People: Gather your family and friends around the Thanksgiving table, or wherever you’re celebrating. This game can be played as a group, one-on-one, or even as a fun icebreaker with guests you may not know well.
Step 2: Explain the Rules: Let everyone know that you’ll be playing a fun game of “Would You Rather” with a Thanksgiving twist. The goal is to choose between two amusing or challenging scenarios presented in each question. There are no right or wrong answers; it’s all about sparking conversation and having a good time.
Step 3: Pose the Questions: Read out the “Would You Rather” questions one by one. Participants take turns answering, explaining their choice, and, if they’d like, sharing stories or anecdotes related to their decision.
Step 4: Encourage Laughter and Discussion: Expect lots of laughter and lively discussion as participants debate their choices. Some questions may reveal unexpected preferences, while others might lead to funny and heartwarming stories about past Thanksgiving celebrations.
Step 5: Keep It Light and Fun: Remember that the purpose of this game is to have fun and enjoy each other’s company. It’s a great way to break the ice, especially if you have diverse guests with different backgrounds and traditions. Keep the atmosphere light and enjoyable.
Would You Rather Thanksgiving Questions
Thanksgiving “Would You Rather” questions can be a fun way to spark conversation and get people thinking. Here are some Thanksgiving-themed “Would You Rather” questions:
- Would you rather have a perfectly cooked Thanksgiving turkey but no delicious sides, or have amazing side dishes but a dry turkey?
- Would you rather spend Thanksgiving with your family or with close friends?
- Would you rather have Thanksgiving dinner at a fancy restaurant or in a cozy, rustic cabin in the woods?
- Would you rather help prepare the Thanksgiving meal or be in charge of cleaning up afterward?
- Would you rather eat pumpkin pie or apple pie for dessert on Thanksgiving?
- Would you rather have a Thanksgiving feast with all the traditional dishes or create a completely new and unique Thanksgiving menu?
- Would you rather watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in person in New York City or from the comfort of your home on TV?
- Would you rather have a Thanksgiving celebration with no technology or one where everyone can use their devices?
- Would you rather play a Thanksgiving-themed board game or watch a classic Thanksgiving movie after dinner?
- Would you rather have a Thanksgiving where it’s warm and sunny or one with a snowy winter wonderland?
- Would you rather have an endless supply of leftover Thanksgiving food for a week or never have any leftovers and enjoy fresh meals daily?
- Would you rather host Thanksgiving dinner at your house every year or never have to host but always be a guest?
- Would you rather participate in a local Thanksgiving charity event, helping those in need, or have an extravagant Thanksgiving vacation in a luxurious destination?
- Would you rather have a pet turkey as a companion for the holiday season or a pet reindeer?
- Would you rather spend Thanksgiving at a location famous for its fall foliage or a beautiful coastal destination?
- Would you rather have to eat a slice of turkey that was accidentally dropped on the floor and stepped on (but cleaned off) or eat a spoonful of cranberry sauce that’s fallen into the sink and was retrieved?
- Would you rather have to eat a Thanksgiving meal entirely made up of canned and processed foods, or cook a homemade Thanksgiving dinner from scratch with only the ingredients you have on hand?
- Would you rather be the taste tester for a new, experimental Thanksgiving dish that could be delicious or disastrous, or stick to the classic, tried-and-true dishes?
- Would you rather accidentally put salt instead of sugar in the pumpkin pie, or mistakenly use hot sauce instead of gravy on your mashed potatoes?
- Would you rather have a Thanksgiving feast where every dish is extremely spicy, or where everything is incredibly bland and lacks seasoning?
- Would you rather have to eat a dessert made entirely of cranberries, like a cranberry casserole or cranberry cake, or skip dessert altogether on Thanksgiving?
- Would you rather have to eat Thanksgiving dinner with a pair of comically oversized utensils or a tiny fork and spoon the size of toothpicks?
- Would you rather have to wear a turkey costume all day on Thanksgiving or have to gobble like a turkey every time someone says “grateful” or “family”?
- Would you rather have to start every sentence with “I’m thankful for…” throughout Thanksgiving dinner, or have to sing your responses to questions during the meal?
- Would you rather have to wear a turkey costume and perform a turkey dance every time someone says “gravy” or wear a pilgrim hat and speak in old English for the entire meal?
- Would you rather play a game of Thanksgiving-themed charades with your family after dinner or have a post-meal pumpkin pie-eating contest?
- Would you rather have to wear a turkey-shaped hat that gobbles every time you move or a pilgrim outfit that makes you speak in Shakespearean English during dinner?
These fun questions add a playful and Thanksgiving-themed twist to the classic “Would You Rather” game, making for a fun and engaging holiday gathering.
Fun Thanksgiving Games and Activities
You will have all the kids and family members laughing the entire Thanksgiving meal.
In the spirit of togetherness and gratitude, extend the merriment to your Thanksgiving party by incorporating these entertaining games. Thanksgiving becomes even more memorable when everyone participates in the fun, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere that echoes the essence of the season. So, let the Thanksgiving icebreaker games commence, and may your holiday celebration be filled with joy, connection, and cherished moments that linger long after the last slice of pie is eaten.