This felt turkey crayon holder will not only make the children’s Thanksgiving table festive it will keep the kiddos busy! It is easy to make, festive to look at, and will have the kids at the table squealing with delight! This turkey crayon holder is a must-have accessory at the kid’s table.
You also want to include some of these adorable Thanksgiving coloring pages and you might also like to see some more fun ideas to make your Thanksgiving festive!
Felt Turkey Crayon Holder Supplies
Here are the supplies needed for this turkey craft:
- brown felt
- red felt
- orange felt
- google eyes
- sewing machine
- glue (make sure it works for felt)
- Turkey Template
How To Make A Felt Turkey Crayon Holder
I’ve created this free printable turkey body template to make this kid’s craft so easy! Just download and print (in black and white) the Felt Turkey Crayon Holder Template on plain copy paper. I suggest using cardstock which makes a sturdier template that might be easier for little hands if you have help for this project.
How to Make a Felt Turkey Crayon Holder
1. Cut the pieces out of felt. I used a slightly lighter brown felt for the body. It looks super cute to use different shades of brown for the body pieces. The same felt turkey template can be used over and over.
2. Place the smaller feather piece on top of the larger feather piece. Line up the bottom edge. Sew along the edge starting and stopping at the edge of the smaller feather piece.
3. Next, sew a diagonal line from the edge of the smaller feather piece down to the bottom center.
This makes the crayon pockets.
4. Add a crayon to each pocket so that on Thanksgiving day the crayons can be put to good use!
5. You wont need an exact turkey face template, you just hot glue or craft glue the googly eyes, wattle, and beak to the body.
6. Next glue the body to the feather piece. The felt turkey holder will keep your crayons in place and organized at your Thanksgiving Table!
You kids will also love this turkey veggie tray. More Thanksgiving crafts include this Pilgrim hat or Pilgrim bonnet, both of which are easy for kids to make. So many clever ways to make Thanksgiving fun for the kids!
Need to keep the conversation going at the adult table? These thanksgiving conversation starters are full of non-controversial topics!
More Fun Crayon Holders
I love thinking up clever ways to keep crayons organized for little hands. Crayon holders make great handmade gifts and are perfect to keep little hands busy with artwork. I’ve included some of my favorite free printable crayon templates.
- Felt Crayon Holder (This one even has a spot for a notebook. I made these as party favors for my daughter’s birthday)
- Crayon Holder Roll (Roll all the crayons up in this handy crayon roll)
- Easter Egg Crayon Holder
- Crayon Apron
If you know someone that prefers colored pencils here are some cute ways to keep them handy!
- Hedgehog Colored Pencil Holder (This is perfect if you like wooden projects)
- Carrot Pencil Holder
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
Great post. Thanks for providing the info for kids.
Thank you for the feature!! I truly appreciate it!
FYI – I do a segment on a local television show where I try different pins and then review them. I reviewed this pin on our show yesterday. I LOVED these, so dang cute!!! Thanks for the fun ideas. I will have to feature your blog again soon. It is so full of awesome ideas!
Saw you on GTU. This is super cute! Said you were giving some away, would love to win!!!
That is adorable! The congregation I work for hosts a community Thanksgiving dinner each year. These would be so cute to make up for child guests at the dinner. Thanks for the idea!
Super adorable! Making these for the kids! Thanks for sharing your talents! pinned!
When I pinned this using the Pin it button below the first image, it doesn’t work. When I pinned it using my desktop Pin It button, no problem! You might want to check the link!
Oh, I just LOVE this! Have quite a stash of felt in my craft stuff and may have to whip up some of these for my kids!!!! Thanks for sharing.
This is just oh-so-cute. Can’t wait to make it for the grandkids.