Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Teacher Appreciation Week is the first full week in May. Here are 100 plus easy ways to thank a teacher. Most of these ideas come with a free printable. All you need to do is purchase the gift and print the tag and you have a clever and thoughtful gift for your teacher.
I think you will love these cute sayings! Plus when you pair a gift with these saying you’ll have at least 50 more creative ways to thank a teacher.
- Appreciation 7 days a week
Fill a 7-day pillbox with treats and fasten this clever poem on top
Treat your teacher to a special lunch in this DIY oilcloth lunch sack.
- Apples for teacher
Give a basket of apples with printable paper leaf messages stuck in each apple.
- Free Printable Bookplates
These bookplates can even be customized for your teacher!
- Thank you for helping my child bloom.
Make these printable custom flower picks, and stick them in a flowering plant.
- Thank you for a picture perfect year
Have your child make this simple photo holder and then place the printable saying in the holder.
- We can’t keep ‘mum’ you are a great teacher
Attach this printable gift tag with saying to a beautiful mum.
- Thanks a latte for all you do gift card holder.
Place a coffee shop gift card in this free printable gift card holder.
- Make a DIY Note pad cube
Don’t forget to write ‘Just a note to say thank you for all you do‘ on the top sheet for a useful gift!
- Bouquet of no sew flowers
These flowers are a bright and cheery way to say thank you! Add a cute tag that says thanks for helping my child bloom.
- Embellished photo album keepsake
Create a memorable keepsake for your teacher with this DIY photo album tutorial all made from a dollar store photo album.
- Thank you for helping me grow up great!
Turn this printable saying into a darling paper medallion and give it along with flowers.
- “Thanks for giving our child a hand” – make a tag and attach it to a bottle of hand lotion.
- “Thanks a ‘latte! tag with a gift card from the local coffee shop, special coffees, or travel mug.
- “In my book, you’re top of the charts”!
Print this free tag and give a book for the class library!
- “It’s been a sweet year”!
Wrap this tag around a sweet treat for the sweetest teacher around!
- “A is for Awesome!”
Send a delicious gourmet caramel apple with this tag attached!
- “It’s o-fish-al you make our school fin-tastic! “
Wrap up some Swedish fish, attach the tag for this fantastic treat!
- You are all that and a bag of chips! We Appreciation all you Dew!
All you need is this free download, a bag of chips, and a bottle of pop.
- Thanks for a great year! I hope my child didn’t drive you nuts!
Add adorable NUTS printable to the handle, fill with peanuts and you’ve got yourself a great gift!
- Thank you for being an M&M Marvelous and Magnificent Teacher.
If you have a teacher that loves M&M’s this gift idea is perfect for them!
- Thank you for helping my child BLOOM
Print off this cute teacher-themed gift tag and attach it to a bouquet of flowers.
- DIY Chalkboard Journal
This custom chalkboard notebook makes a clever and useful gift.
- You are the best teacher bar none!
These printable candy bar wrappers make for an easy gift.
- Pitcher Perfect Teacher, Lemonade Teacher Gift
Fill a clear pitcher with a pile of fresh lemons. Then, tie a pretty bow around the whole pitcher attach a cute little envelope with a note and gift card for a housewares store.
- Thanks for making me feel like a star! – Movie Gift Card Idea
Create this movie-themed gift with this free printable!
- Life is adventure! Summer Survival kit!
A Summer Survival Kit for their summer adventures is perfect! Great for camping, a day hike, or taking along on a bike ride.
- DIY Book Page Posies
Follow this tutorial to make this beautiful and thrifty project to create for a special teacher in your life.
- Say Thank you with a cute custom clipboard!
Make a date with your child and customize a cute clipboard together for their awesome teacher!
- Teacher gift card holder
Easy upcycled gift card holder this little gift card holder is perfect for any gift-giving occasion and a great way to reuse something that is normally discarded.
- “Teachers – feed young minds, make little hearts feel full, and create a hunger for learning” Gift Card Printable – Attach a gift card directly to the striped area of the printable or you can get a little creative.
- “I’ve been SODA-lighted to have You for my Teacher this year!
Use this fun and FREE teacher appreciation printable that’s perfect for a SODA-loving teacher.
- Linked Key chain with Charm DIY gift idea!
Learn how to make a fun and unique way for teachers to carry their school pride with them from place to place.
- You’re the best ‘sub’ ever!
Attach this idea to a subway gift card for the favorite sub or helper in your classroom!
- We love teachers – stationery gift idea!
Print out this lovely stationery and include a heartfelt thank you note! Teachers love to hear from you.
- DIY Teacher Necklace Idea
Score an A+ with this sweet necklace!
- You are the apple of my eye!
This little red apple gift card holder is just the ticket (to the movies)!
- Funny Printable Teacher Appreciation Gift Card Holders
Did you look on Pinterest for a clever teacher gift idea? Play of your non-crafty side with these funny printable gift card holders! With three designs you can pick your favorite saying, or give them to different teachers.
- You are the sweetest!
Some delicious homemade cookies plus this cute printable gift card!
- Thanks a ‘bundt’ch Teacher gift idea!
Show your appreciation with something sweet! Mini Bundt cake + a cute tag = a happy teacher.
- Thank you for being you – Printable
Pick a favorite thing wrap it up and print this out! Now you have the perfect way to let someone know how special they are!
- We can’t keep mum!
Grab a potted mum and print out this tag!
- I have to ad-mitt you’re a great teacher!
All you need is an oven mitt and some treats (candy, pencils, pens etc.), some ribbon and the free printable.
- You are too nice to be forgotten!
Personalize calculators with a fun “equation” printable gift tag to package them in a special way.
- DIY Desk Organizer
Make this desk organizer as a way to express gratitude…a cute classy organizer that would be fun and functional to have on a desk.
- DIY Personalized Apron
This tutorial will help you make personalized aprons for your teacher gifts!
- Thanks for sparking my creative juices this year!
All you need is a reusable cup can a juice gift card and this free printable!
- Message in a bottle teacher gift idea!
Put a heartfelt note inside a bottle, which can be turned into complimenting bud vases after the note is read!
- Free Printable Count down till summer.
Print this and frame it to help those teachers count down to those special events throughout the year. Or maybe a big test that’s coming up.
- Fun in the Sun Summer Relaxation Kit
Give a bag filled with items that will come in handy poolside or at the beach. Start with a cute tote and fill it with all sorts of goodies
- DIY Mini Art Easel
They will love these mini art easels that they can display on their desks.
- Take note you are one of my very favorite teachers!
For this idea, pick up a cute stack of note cards and print out this darling tag!
- DIY Mirror Memo Board
This Mirror Memo Board idea is a perfect way to dress up any classroom!
- DIY Printed Hat
Use this how-to print on a hat tutorial to make your teacher a hat!
- Washi Tape Notebook
A washi tape notebook would make a modern and useful gift!
- Homemade Granola
Whip up this delicious granola recipe and add these custom labels for a yummy gift.
- Printable Teacher Subway Art
Your teacher is sure to love this printable subway art.
- Teachers plant the sees of knowledge that will grow forever!
This gardening gift idea for a teacher comes complete with a chalkboard label. Cut your own labels with a Silhouette or Cricut. Chalkboard labels can also be purchased at a craft store.
- Beautiful Hairpin Vase
This tutorial shows you how to make a lovely vase that not only holds flowers but also displays pictures! So pretty!
- You have earned our stamp of approval
What teacher wouldn’t love this handy way to keep their rubber stamps!
- Apple Mini Oreo Pops
Check out this apple mini Oreo pops tutorial for a cute little gift.
- Darling Dictation Pouch
This how-to-make a drawstring pouch tutorial will help you make this clever bag compete with your child’s handwriting.
- Whoopie you are sweet!
Whip up this whoopie pie recipe and place homemade whoopie pies in an upcycled drink mix container with custom labels you can print.
- You are a cut above!
This embellished scissors tutorial will help you create these fun and unique scissors. Attach this clever saying for a gift that is a cut above!
- You take the cake!
Make this delicious bundt cake recipe and add a cute tag.
- Whimsical tote bag
Love these DIY tote bags! No sewing required.
- Handmade Bookmark
This beautiful fabric bookmark tutorial will help you create a beautiful and useful keepsake. How about adding a tag that says, “You wrote the book on being a great teacher!”
- Apple Gift Sack
Turn a plain brown lunch sack into an apple with this tutorial.
- Cupcakes in a Jar
Make these Cupcakes In A Jar and attach printable thank you gift tags.
- Money Tree
What educator couldn’t use some extra cash? Use this origami money folding tutorial to create money flowers to make a money tree.
- Thanks for being a cool teacher! also Thanks for being a sweet teacher!
These printable gift card holders are the perfect way to give a gift card!
- You are tote-lly a terrific teacher!
Attach this cute printable gift tag to a great tote for a useful gift! You might even like to make your own tote with this simple tote bag tutorial.
- I am so fortunate to have you for a teacher!
This printable sticker fits right on a Chinese take-out container filled with fortune cookies.
- A teacher like you is a real treasure!
Use this printable to cover treasures candies and place them in a bag with a printable treat topper.
- We need s’more teachers like you.
Package s’more fixings in a bag and attach this treat bag topper for a yummy gift.
- You deserve a break today!
This printable candy bar wrapper is the perfect way to gift a Kit Kat bar.
…and there are more ideas
Don’t miss these Teacher Appreciation Ideas (more sayings and packaging ideas)! Here are 10 great ways to thank a teacher, fun candy gram sayings for teacher appreciation, and from simple totes to fabric-covered notepads to make the Handmade Gift Guide for Teachers has some wonderful ideas.
Make it super easy to thank your teacher with these 20 printable gift tags – perfect for teachers and friends. Simply pair the gift tag with the suggested gift. They are ready to instantly download, print, cut, and attach to your gift! For $4.99 you get 50 fabulous tags (FIVE pages of tags and gift suggestions)!
If you would like access to my full collection of Teacher Appreciation printables check out my Ultimate Teachers Appreciation Printable Pack. You will have access to over 200 printables that will allow you to easily create the perfect gift to thank any teacher. For a limited time, this bundle of printables is $15.00, its regular price is $57.00.
I hope you chose from this selection the best way to thank a teacher – your child’s favorite teacher. Please feel free to share in the comments which one is your favorite.