SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAILSubscribe to Skip to my Lou posts
and receive them in your email inbox!
More Teacher Appreciation Ideas
National Teacher Appreciation week is the first full week in May.
Teacher and Staff Appreciation Ideas
Here are some teacher appreciation ideas that can be done for the entire teaching staff at school.
- Place a large poster in the Teacher’s lounge that says, “We think you are ‘souper’!” and serve a soup lunch. We do this for our teachers on a day that there are no classes but they are required to be at school— like for parent teacher conferences or an in-service day. We place little notes in the box ahead of time inviting them to the special lunch. Parents are asked to send a crock pot of soup so the cost for this is very little.
- Late fall or winter place a basket of hot cocoa mixes, instant flavored coffees and spiced cider packets in a basket with a sign that says, “You warm our hearts!”
- You can ask parents to donate homemade breakfast goodies and invite the teachers to “A breakfast of champions!”
- Supply the teacher’s lounge with cupcakes decorated with lots of pretty frosting and post a sign that says, “Our teachers are the icing on the cake!” or make cakes and have the sign read, “Our teachers take the cake!”
- Place a pack of gum in each teacher’s mailbox and say, “You’ve chewed through 1/2 the year. Keep up the good work.”
- Place a Power bar in each teacher’s mailbox and a note saying, “We hope this energizes your day.”
- Place some store bought tins of flavored popcorn, homemade caramel corn, or packages of microwave popcorn in the teacher’s lounge with a note that says, “Have a popin good day!”
- Have the student council or a group of parents wash the teacher’s cars or only car windows. A few days before let teachers know you are planning to do this by putting a note in their mailbox that says, “Thanks for making everything ‘clear’ We are treating you to a free car wash!
- Make a sign that says, “Our teachers are the sweetest.” Have parents bring in sweet treats or provide a chocolate fountain and fresh fruit.
- Hire a few massage therapists that will come to the teachers lounge and do chair massages. Usually massage students are willing to do this for a reasonable rate. Let teachers know about this special treat by sending them a note that says, “You deserve a pat on the back!”
- During parent teacher conferences we put boxes of of conversation hearts in each teacher’s mailbox. We included a note that said, “Hoping your ‘heart to heart’ conversations are sweet!”
- Conversation hearts or any other heart candy could be placed in the teacher’s mailboxes with notes saying, “Thanks for putting your heart into teaching.”
- At Easter put candy filled plastic eggs in the teacher’s mailboxes with a note telling them they are ‘Eggstra’ special teachers.
- Put a lottery ticket in each teacher’s mailbox with a note saying, “We are lucky to have such great teachers!”
Still haven’t found the perfect gift for your teacher? There is still more Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas.
And don’t miss theseTeacher Appreciation Ideas (more sayings and gift ideas)! Here are 10 great ways to thank a teacher, free personalized printable bookplates for your teacher (male and female versions), fun candy gram sayings for teacher appreciation and from simple tote bags to fabric covered journals to make the Handmade Gift Guide for Teachers has some awesome teacher appreciation ideas.
Looking for a way to ake it super easy to thank your teacher? Download these 50 cute teacher appreciation gift tags. Simply pair the gift tag with the suggested gift. They are ready to instantly download, print, cut and attach to your gift! For $3.00 you get 50 fabulous tags (FIVE pages of tags and gift suggestions)!