Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Here are all the ideas you need to celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week! It is a time to recognize and appreciate the teachers in our lives.
How to Celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week
Teachers have such a great impact on the lives of our children. I consider it an honor to find special ways to show them my appreciation during Teacher Appreciation Week, and I hope that I can help you find a special way to say “thank you” to the wonderful teachers in the life of your family too!
Table of contents
- How to Celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week
- What is Teacher Appreciation Week?
- When is Teacher Appreciation Week 2021?
- How do you celebrate ?
- Teacher Appreciation Week Sample Schedule
- Ideas for the Teacher’s Lounge
- Ideas for Entire Staff
- Teacher Gifts Ideas
- GIFTS TEACHERS REALLY WANT!
- How to Give a Virtual Thank You!
- Free Appreciation Coloring Pages
- MAKE TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK EASY WITH THESE PRINTABLES
What is Teacher Appreciation Week?
Since 1984, the National PTA (Parent Teacher Association) has designated a full week during the public school year to honor the men and women who lend their passion, skills, hard work, and dedication to educating our children.
When is Teacher Appreciation Week 2021?
The first full week of May is designated as National Teacher Appreciation Week. This year (2021), that week is Monday, May 3th through Friday, May 7th. And don’t forget the national teacher day, Teacher Appreciation Day, on Tuesday, May 4th! I suggest checking with your school PTO to make sure these dates are correct for your school!
How do you celebrate ?
If you need awesome teacher appreciation gifts be sure to check out these teacher gifts. You will find hundreds of ideas. Here are some simple ideas.
- Write a note of thanks and appreciation for your teacher.
- Round up a basket of goodies that your teacher can enjoy over the summer.
- Give gift cards to your teacher’s favorite restaurants, shopping places, or coffee shops.
- Decorate your teacher’s door with a creative banner or sign.
- Stock the teacher’s classroom with supplies that are running low.
- Bring in your teacher’s favorite treats and snacks.
- Provide lunch for the teacher.
- Find ways to include the staff, including secretaries and janitors.
- Create a classroom gift like a photo album to involve the entire class.
- Create a fun theme for the week that encourages the teacher to be appreciated all week long!
Teacher Appreciation Week Idea Themes
Creating a theme for the week can be lots of fun and will help give everyone some great ideas for honoring teachers each day of the week. From elementary school to high school teachers and school staff will love these thougthful ideas.
Around the World
Give teachers a trip around the world. Feature a different country’s cuisine every day. Kick it up a notch with clever puns. Think Mexican Monday for nacho average teachers to ‘pasta’tively awesome teacher for Italy. Display “Thank you!” in different languages on the bulletin boards
Without a doubt, teaching is a superpower! Decorate the lounge with action bubbles with special messages from the students. A lunch with hero sandwiches one day and soup for souper teachers another is a fun way to carry on the theme. Super Hero Theme from Kara’s Party Ideas!
Out of This World
Head into outer space to let teachers know they are out of this world. Decorate with stars and planets. Serve rocket fuel drinks like coffee and sodas one day and give out pop rocks, moon pies and Milky Way candy bars on other days. This is a sure way to let teachers know ….. We’re over the moon about you!
Sweep teachers away to paradise. Umbrella drinks and lei’s are the perfect decoration.
Hooray for Hollywood
Give teachers the star treatment by rolling out the red carpet. Decorate with movie-related props, serve popcorn and other traditional movie snacks in the teacher lounge. Be sure to hand out Academy Awards for awesome teaching. A great way to let teachers know they are picture-perfect. This movie and popcorn theme is super cute!
Encourage all students to bring flowers to their teacher, You plant the seeds of knowledge and Thanks for helping us grow are great sayings for bulletin boards and small gifts.
Take care of teachers with a week of luxury and relaxation. Hire a service to come to the lounge to do chair massages and offer spa-friendly foods like fresh fruits and veggies along with flavored waters. Even treat teachers to a packaged facemask with a tag that says we can’t mask our appreciaiton for your hard work.
Our Teachers Raise the Bar
Sky’s the limit with this one. It is easy to host a variety of bars…. a potato bar, nacho bar, salad bar, etc…… and of course give teachers a candy bar for the best teacher bar none.
Rising Up to Excellence
No question teachers lift us up. Use phrases like “Wake up” and have breakfast or hire a coffee service to come to make lattes. Giddy up, Dress up, Rise up, Surf’s up, Batter up are more ideas.
Pennant banners are the perfect decoration for this. Give students blank pennant shapes to write special notes on to place in hallways and the lounge. Each day serve a different ballpark fave like hot dogs, popcorn, cotton candy, etc.
Pay off phrases like “We spy the world’s best teachers” and “It’s no mystery, our teachers’ rock!” Decorate with magnifying glasses and fingerprints
We’re Wild About You
So many fun treats with this one… animal crackers, monkey bread, banana bread, bananas, etc. to let teachers know … We are wild about you! and Were bananas over you!
Teacher Appreciation Week Sample Schedule
Many schools do something each day. Planning it with daily ideas can make it easy. “If you give a teacher…” is such a fun play on the popular children’s book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. Teachers will also like these daily ideas:
- We ‘Donut’ know what we would do without you – coffee and donuts
- Thanks for making our kids such smart ‘cookies’ – fresh baked cookies
- We couldn’t have ‘picked’ better teachers – fresh fruit
- Thanks for ‘quenching’ the thirst for knowledge – refreshing drinks
- There’s muffin like a great teacher – muffins and juice
- You’re all that and a bag of chips – small individual bags of chips
Ideas for Entire Staff
Teachers aren’t the only ones making an impact. Secretaries, janitors, all of the non-homeroom classes, and support staff need to be recognized too! Here are some great printable cards to make them feel special.
Teacher Gifts Ideas
Here are a few simple and inexpensive teacher appreciation ideas that are easy to execute!
- Apple for the Teacher
- Our Child Might Be the Reason You Drink
- Teacher Tote ( this freebie could be used to make a T-shirt too)
- Best Teacher Ever EOS Lip Balm
- Hands Down Best Teacher
- Best Teacher Bar None
- Just ‘Write’ Teacher Gift
- I Am So Lucky to Hang Around with You Lanyard Gift
- How Sweet It Is To Be Taught By You
Teacher gifts can be extravagant or simple, store-bought or handmade, or just a card of thanks with our without a gift card. Here are some great ideas that are sure to make each of your teachers feel loved and special! My children have great teachers and I love this opportunity to thank them. Here are some special gift tags that can be attached to anything!
- Thank You Gift Tag
- Inspirational Teacher Quote Gift Tags
- Cute Tags For Small Gifts (some of these are great for giving much needed school supplies)
GIFTS TEACHERS REALLY WANT!
A survey of teachers showed they loved handwritten notes and gift cards during Teacher Appreciation Week. No matter what you decide to gift to your teacher, a hand-written thank you card from a student is always appreciated and treasured.
- Printable Thank You Note
- Printable Gift Card Holders with Clever Sayings –These cute little tags were designed perfectly for the gift cards that you can pick up right at the register of your grocery store.
- Funny Gift Card Holders
- Scoops of Fun
- Your Teaching is Right on Target
- Thanks a Latte
- Pizza Gift – give the teacher a break with dinner on you!
…more teacher gift card ideas.
How to Give a Virtual Thank You!
If you are distance learning send your teacher a virtual thank you. Let kids say thank you by holding up this cute thank you coloring sign. Such a fun way to say thanks virtually! You can even post on social media.
Free Appreciation Coloring Pages
If your child loves to color these coloring pages make a heartfelt gift. Give the teacher questionnaire to your teacher early and you will know exactly what they would like most!
Teacher Door Decoration Ideas
Decorating and personalizing the classroom door is a tradition that is loved by both kids and teachers at most schools! You can find some great ideas to help you get started with these fun Teacher Appreciation Door Ideas. and here
There are so many easy door ideas including this Super Star door. I especially like the ideas that allow each student to write a personal note to the teacher. These ideas will help you create a door your teacher will truly treasure!
MAKE TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK EASY WITH THESE PRINTABLES
Want to make it super easy? Grab my teacher appreciation bundle of over 100 printables all at your fingertips organized in an online database. Access anytime and print whatever you like whenever you want.
I hope these ideas help you to have a happy teacher appreciation week! Do you have any ideas that you have used to thank your children’s school teachers and staff? I would love to hear about them!