World’s best cornbread recipe is the best cornbread recipe ever! I know you will love it. It is so moist, flavorful and easy to whip up!
Related links: A perfect accompaniment for cold weather soups. We are serving it up tonight with Slow Cooker Chili. Give it a try with Taco Soup for a crowd-pleasing meal. The cornbread also pairs well with Tomato Basil Soup or Pressure Cooker Lentil soup for a meatless meal.
The cornbread with creamed corn is a go to recipe to serve along with our favorite soups for company. The soup and cornbread can be made just before guests arrive, so you don’t spend your evening cooking. You only need to serve it up and enjoy it! The delicious cornbread goes in a 9″ x 13″ dish making enough for a hungry family.
World’s Best Cornbread Ingredients
Jiffy Corn Muffin mix is the best thing ever, right? It produces an extremely moist cornbread recipe. Simply add creamed corn, sour cream, salt and green chiles to throw it over the top. My family is thrilled when they see me pull this side dish out of the oven.
World’s Best Cornbread recipe
- 2 – 8.5-ounce boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 – 16 oz. can creamed corn
- 1 – 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients together before mixing the wet ingredients.
2. Pour batter into a greased 9″x 13″ baking dish or pan.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until edges are slightly golden-brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
- This perfect cornbread recipe with corn can be baked in a muffin tin as well. Check the cornbread mix for baking time.
- Dare I mention that some people like the taste of sweet cornbread! If so, omit green chiles and add sugar for sweet cornbread, or serve with maple syrup or honey butter on the side. Almost like cake!
- If you’re making skillet cornbread, add 1/2 t of vegetable oil or bacon grease to a 9-inch cast iron skillet and put in the oven to preheat. Be careful of the hot skillet!
- Cornbread is delicious when topped with melted butter or sprinkled with cheddar cheese immediately out of the oven, so it melts in.
- Next time you make corn dogs, try flavoring it up with this easy cornbread recipe! When you use a box of Jiffy mix, there’s no need for baking powder, baking soda, all-purpose flour or a separate bag of yellow cornmeal!
- Store in an airtight container overnight at room temperature or in the refrigerator up to three days.
More like this homemade cornbread recipe
Thank you for stopping by today. Please check out more delicious recipes and leave me a comment and let me know how your family liked this one!
Thank you for stopping by to check out my World’s Best Cornbread recipe. Please leave a comment below and let me know how yours turned out! And here are more of my favorite homemade recipes, just for you.