This slow cooker chili is delicious and the perfect cold-weather meal! A piping bowl of this hearty chili has the perfect blend of spices, meat, and beans—what a way to warm up on a cold day.
Related links: If you are looking for more cold-weather meals don’t forget to check out some of my favorite soup recipes! I love this Tomato Basil Soup, it is actually the recipe from La Madeleine Restaurant that appeared in the Dallas Morning News. My Cheddar Corn Chowder and Wild Rice and Tomato Soup are more delicious recipes perfect to make for company!
Crowd Pleasing CrockPot Chili Recipe
This meaty beef chili is a crowd-pleaser, everyone loves this recipe. You will make it over and over again. My husband even admitted that my chili might be as good as his blue ribbon chili recipe (and his is good).
When you are serving a crowd make sure to double it! This easy crock pot chili recipe only makes enough for about four adults or eight 1-1/4 cup servings.
I think this will become your family’s favorite chili. This is for sure my go-to recipe. I love that instead of a chili pot on the stove all day, I can stick it in the Crock Pot and forget it. It gives me time to make the most amazing cornbread EVER!
Here’s what you need to Make the Best Chili Recipe
- lean ground beef
- garlic, finely chopped
- onion chopped (save time by using one cup of frozen chopped onion)
- canned diced tomatoes
- chili beans (use hot chili beans if you like it spicy)
- tomato sauce
- chili powder
- 1ground cumin
(Affiliate links included)
My Method for Easy Crock Pot Chili
I don’t know about you, but whenever I find a recipe, I modify it to meet my flavor palate. This recipe has been adapted from Betty Crocker to up the flavor.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef (I give the meat a sprinkle of salt and pepper), onions, and garlic until beef is cooked, drain.
2. Place beef, onion, garlic, and remaining ingredients into a 4 to 5-quart slow cooker and stir.
3. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6-8 hours. If you have to hurry, high for 3-4 hours.
TIPS AND ADDITIONS: Chili is a perfect recipe to adapt to your family’s tastes. Chili beans have a flavorful sauce that makes this chili taste great. You can always add black beans, kidney beans, or pinto beans too. Looking for a Southwest flair add a can of green chilis.
If you want to cut back on fat sub in lean ground turkey for the ground beef.
Are you wanting extra heat? Try chopping up your favorite hot pepper – I like jalapeno peppers – and add them to your meat mixture. You will find their flavors come out more just as they do with onions, garlic, and spices. You can even try a dash or two of hot sauce.
For extra crunchy fun get some Fritos or tortilla chips and pour a serving of cooked chili over them. My family loves corn chips instead of saltines with their chili.
Is anyone in the mood for chili dogs or burgers? This is the perfect chili to smoother your hot dogs and hamburgers. And don’t forget the toppings – YUM!
To your beef mixture, you could add ground chicken or ground pork, as well.
Finally, to dress up your chili, you can make up a topping station. I like to add toppings like chopped scallions, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Feel free to add all your favorite chili toppings.
Keep leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Separate into small batches to freeze beautifully!
Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
Slower Cooker Chili
- Large skillet
- Wooden spoon
- Crock pot
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 onion chopped save time by using one cup of frozen chopped onion
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes undrained or 2 – 14.5 ounce cans
- 1 16 oz can chili beans in sauce undrained use hot chili beans if you like it spicy
- 1 15 oz can tomatoe sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef (I give the meat a sprinkle of salt and pepper), onions and garlic over medium heat until beef is cooked; drain.
- Place beef, onion, garlic and remaining ingredients In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
More Family Favorite Crock Pot Meals
Thank you for stopping by today. Please check out more delicious recipes and leave me a comment and let me know how your family liked this one!
If you like this Crockpot chili as much as my family and are looking for more slow-cooking options to make dinner a breeze try my…
- Crock Pot Lasagna is perfect to quickly put together so dinner is ready when you get home!
- The best part of a Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese dish is that it’s an easy recipe that won’t heat up your house. If you love mac and cheese this recipe is for you!
- Baked Potatoes in the Crockpot This is one of our favorite simple suppers during the summer.