Easy Homemade Wheat Bread
I have never minded eating wheat bread, but I know there are some wheat breads that taste a whole lot better than others. I have found a brand that I loved at the store. It was moist and delicious. Almost better than any other white bread, but when I’ve tried homemade wheat breads, they aren’t as yummy. My dear mom worked so hard perfecting this recipe. She kept trying different ingredients until she came up with this easy homemade whole wheat bread. Just so I can enjoy it. Now I must share this perfect recipe!
I love to have a nice piece of wheat bread topped with Nutella for breakfast or a snack. Or make a nice hearty sandwich using this sweet, moist wheat bread. The best part is it is really easy to make. When I think of bread making I think of hard work, but not with this recipe. The hardest part of this recipe is the waiting for it to raise and bake. Oh, and cool. Goodness, talk about patience.
Have you tried to make wheat bread before? How was it?
Try out this simple and delicious recipe, even the kids will love it.
Easy Homemade Whole Wheat Bread
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 6 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 heaping cup instant mashed potato flakes, prepared
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix honey, yeast and warm water in a medium bowl. Allow to sit for 10 minutes to let yeast bubble up.
- In the same bowl add 6 flour, mashed potatoes, powdered milk, oil, salt, lemon juice. Beat for 10 minutes.
- Raise in bowl for 45 minutes, covered.
- Shape into two loaves.
- Spray pans with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter and sprinkle oatmeal in bottom of pans.
- Put loaves in pans and let raise another 45 minutes in pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cool for 5 minutes in a pan and then remove to cooling rack.
If you liked this recipe, then you will love this one:
Zuppa Toscana it pairs perfectly with the bread.
Hey, I’m Emily. I am a wife to an amazing, crazy, and fun husband who keeps me on my toes. I love to craft, celebrate, cook, thrift, read, shop, and decorate. I enjoy working on projects and finding ways to share them. I hope you enjoy my simple ideas and are inspired to create along with me. When I’m not blogging, I’m normally reading a good book or out shopping.