Buffalo Chicken Dip is one of my family’s all time favorites. I am constantly asked for the recipe, and when I am bringing a dish to share at different parties, this one is often requested! Luckily it is super easy to make, so I never mind whipping it up for a party.
If you love that delicious buffalo chicken flavor you will love my Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches (this recipe can also be made in the Crock Pot).
Buffalo Chicken Dip
When it is football season, or if you are just having a house full of guests, it is time to get thinking about some easy crowd pleasing Superbowl snacks! People love finger foods. They want something easy that they can quickly grab and not miss a minute of the action! Here are a couple of recipes that are sure to keep the crowd happy–unless their team is losing–I don’t have a recipe to fix that!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
One of the best Superbowl snacks if Buffalo Chicken Dip. Shredded cheese, shredded chicken, ranch dressing (or mix it up and substitute blue cheese dressing) and cream cheese bake up for a hot and bubbly easy appetizer.
Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles or cheddar cheese on top for a garnish and you are ready for any party. In a pinch use canned or rotisserie chicken to save time. I went ahead and doubled the recipe so you will have plenty for a party! Be sure to make sure your baking dish is large enough.
The baked chicken dip is best served hot, but it seems to disappear quickly even when it is cold. The ranch dressing and hot sauce give this dip the traditional “buffalo wing” flavor, but I think the bonus flavor is in the cream cheese. To be fair, I do believe that cream cheese is a bonus that can make any dish better! This buffalo dip tastes amazing.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Once you cook the chicken breast, it is easy to shred. Everything else is just measuring sauces and mixing. So easy! It is a recipe that everyone will love! You can whip it up ahead of time and just refrigerate it until you are ready to heat it up and serve! We serve this dip with Chicken in a Biskit crackers, celery, and even tortilla chips.
- Canned chicken can easily be used. I use this when I am short on time.
- Chicken can also be quickly cooked in the Instant Pot. Place a couple of chicken breasts (I cut mine in half) on the trivet inside the pot. Add about 1 cup water and cook at high pressure for 10 mins and then slow release for 5 or 10 minutes. Release pressure, remove the liquid and trivet. If you haven’t already cut chicken breasts in half. I use an electric hand mixer to quickly shred the chicken.
- This Buffalo Chicken Dip can also be cooked in the slow cooker. Lightly spray a 3 quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place the mixture to the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 2-3 hours, until hot and bubbly. Keep the dip warm throughout your whole party just leave it in the crock-pot on warm.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Spicy crowd pleasing baked dip!
- 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup bottled Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cooked and chopped OR 2 cans of chicken drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Soften cream cheese, mix together all ingredients and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until bubbly. Serve with celery and Chicken in Biskit crackers.
You will want to also whip up a batch of these yummy pretzels for another easy snack. They are always the best Super Bowl snack!
Honey Mustard Glazed Pretzels
Next up, these lightly seasoned pretzels make a great crunchy snack! These are super easy to make and will jazz up the boring ole pretzel! They are also convenient to place around the football viewing area in little bowls, so no one will have to miss a single play (or commercial) to grab a little snack.
Honey Mustard Glazed Pretzels Recipe
1 – 15 to 16 oz bag mini pretzels
1/4 cup honey
3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried mustard you can add more if you would like a more mustard flavor
2 Tablespoons butter melted
Melt butter and mix in other ingredients. Pour over pretzels. Place pretzels in a large pan and bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and separate pretzels before completely cooling (they have a tendency to stick together while cooling).
Sweet Super Bowl Party Snacks
Take your favorite brownie and cut it into a football shape with a football cookie cutter. Let’s be honest here…if you have been cooking and cleaning all day in preparation for a football party, a brownie mix will perfectly suffice for this treat. Add some white frosting details and you have a simple and cute sweet treat! The fact that your brownies are in the shape of footballs and have icing piped on them, is enough to make any brownie mix taste fabulous! But, if you have just a little extra time, and you are going for the big win, check out Cookies & Cheese she made Ina Garten’s Outrageous Brownies for her footballs. Football fans will love these!
You might like this Super Bowl Panini Party Recipe from last year.
Have a fun Super Bowl! I hope that your team is victorious. Unless they are playing against my team, then I just hope that your party is wonderful! Enjoy! I hope you will agree that these easy recipes and this buffalo chicken dip and other Super Bowl snack ideas are perfect for any party or big game!