Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Buffalo Chicken Dip is one of my family’s all-time favorites. I am constantly asked for the recipe, and when I am bringing a dish to share at different parties, this one is often requested! Luckily it is super easy to make, so I never mind whipping it up for a party.
If you love that delicious buffalo chicken flavor you will love my Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches (this recipe can also be made in the Crock-Pot).
I’m so happy you are here! I love sharing easy ideas to celebrate all the special things in life! Whenever you need a yummy recipe to share with friends or a creative activity please come visit me! I will keep you stocked with loads of entertaining and gift ideas.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
One of the best party and Superbowl snacks is Buffalo Chicken Dip. Shredded cheese, shredded chicken, ranch dressing (or mix it up and substitute blue cheese dressing), and cream cheese bake up for a hot and bubbly easy appetizer.
Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles or cheddar cheese on top for a garnish and you are ready for any party. In a pinch use canned or rotisserie chicken to save time. I went ahead and doubled the recipe so you will have plenty for a party! Be sure to make sure your baking dish is large enough.
The baked chicken dip is best served hot, but it seems to disappear quickly even when it is cold. The ranch dressing and hot sauce give this dip the traditional “buffalo wing” flavor, but I think the bonus flavor is in the cream cheese. To be fair, I do believe that cream cheese is a bonus that can make any dish better! This buffalo dip tastes amazing.
What do you need to make Buffalo Chicken Dip?
You only need five ingredients for this simply delicious hot dip.
Buffalo chicken Dip Ingredients
- 2 – 8 oz packages of softened cream cheese
- Ranch dressing
- Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 cooked boneless chicken breasts or 2 – 12.5 oz cans of chicken drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Blue cheese (optional but I wouldn’t skip it – Yum!)
- Medium mixing bowl
- Spoon for mixing
- Casserole dish
How to make buffalo chicken dip
Once you cook the chicken breast, it is easy to shred. Everything else is just measuring sauces and mixing. So easy! It is a recipe that everyone will love! You can whip it up ahead of time and just refrigerate it until you are ready to heat it up and serve! We serve this dip with Chicken in a Biskit crackers, celery, and even tortilla chips.
- Canned or rotisserie chicken can easily be used. I use this when I am short on time.
- Chicken can also be quickly cooked in the Instant Pot (affiliate link). Place a couple of chicken breasts (I cut mine in half) on the trivet inside the pot. Add about 1 cup water and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes and then slow release for 5 or 10 minutes. Release pressure, remove the liquid, and trivet. If you haven’t already cut chicken breasts in half. I use an electric hand mixer to quickly shred the chicken.
- Make sure to soften your cream cheese so that it is easier to mix.
- You can also use a hot sauce of your preference or try a premade buffalo sauce. Beware of how spicey your sauces are so you can control the heat in your dip.
- I have had people ask if you can use blue cheese dressing instead of Ranch salad dressing. Blue cheese dressing also works great in this recipe.
How to make buffalo chicken dip in an instant pot
The instant pot is another great way and quick way to prepare the buffalo chicken dip.
Begin by preparing your chicken as presented in the above tip. Make sure to drain the water out of the pot and remove the trivet after removing the chicken. Then add all of the ingredients identified in the recipe, except the blue cheese, into the instant pot. Yes, that includes the shredded chicken.
Set the instant pot to saute to cook the dip. Make sure to stir the dip continuously until the cheese is melted and the ingredients are well mixed creamy. It may take about 15 minutes for the dip to cook.
Transfer dip to a nice serving dish and top with blue cheese if you like. To keep a warm dish set out, keep some warming in the instant pot and refill the dish as needed.
how To make buffalo chicken dip in a Crock Pot
This Buffalo Chicken Dip can also be cooked in a slow cooker like a crockpot. Why use the slow cooker? Using a slow cooker allows you to cook the dip and keep the dip warm during the party.
Begin by lightly spraying a 3-quart slow cooker (affiliate link) with non-stick cooking spray. Then added all of the ingredients for the dip in the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 2-3 hours until it is hot and bubbly. Keep the dip warm throughout your whole party just leave it in the crock-pot on warm.
Are you seeking more crowd-pleasing finger foods and snack recipes?
- These savory to sweet Chex Mix Recipes are sure to be a hit.
- Puff Pastry Kielbasa Roll-ups combines a buttery pastry with bite-size pieces of lightly smoked sausage – so delicious.
- For a variety of options, you might enjoy these last-minute party appetizers.
LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Spicy crowd-pleasing baked dip!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cooked and chopped OR 2 cans of chicken drained
- 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup bottled Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook the chicken, unless you are using canned chicken, and shred. Note you can use rotisserie chicken if you prefer. While preparing the chicken let the cream cheese set out to soften to room temperature.
Once the chicken has been prepare add the softened cream cheese, ranch salad dressing, Louisiana hot sauce, and shredded cheese and mix until well mixed.
Pour mixture into a casserole dish large enough to hold the mixture.
Top with blue cheese crumbles for that true buffalo wings experience. You can also top the dip with more shredded cheddar cheese.
Place the filled casserole dish in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until bubbly.
Serve with celery and Chicken in Biskit Crackers.
This dip can also be made in the crock-pot.