Super Bowl Snacks
Buffalo Chicken dip is one of my all time favorites. I am constantly asked for the recipe, and when I am brining a dish to share at different parties, this one is often requested! Luckily it is super easy to make, so I never mind whipping it up for a football loving crowd.
It is football season, and if you are having a house full of guests, it is time to get thinking about some easy crowd pleasing foods! Football fans like finger food. They want something easy that they can quickly grab and not miss a minute of the action! Here are a couple of recipes that are sure to keep the crowd happy–unless their team is losing–I don’t have a recipe to fix that!
The baked chicken dip is best served hot, but it seems to disappear quickly even when it is cold. The ranch dressing and hot sauce give this dip the traditional “buffalo wing” flavor, but I think the bonus flavor is in the cream cheese. To be fair, I do believe that cream cheese is a bonus that can make any dish better!
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Spicy crowd pleasing baked dip!
- 2 - 8 ounce packages of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup bottled Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cooked and chopped OR 2 cans of chicken drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Soften cream cheese, mix together all ingredients and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until bubbly. Serve with celery and Chicken in a Biskit crackers.
Once you cook the chicken breast, it is easy to shred. Everything else is just measuring sauces and mixing. So easy! It is a recipe that everyone will love! You can whip it up ahead of time and just refrigerate it until your are ready to heat it up and serve!
Honey Mustard Glazed Pretzels
Next up, these lightly seasoned pretzels make a great crunchy snack! These are super easy to make and will jazz up the boring ole pretzel! They are also conveinent to place around the football viewing area in little bowls, so no one will have to miss a single play (or commercial) to grab a little snack.
Honey Mustard Glazed Pretzels
- 1 - 15 to 16 oz bag mini pretzels
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard you can add more if you would like a more mustard flavor
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- Melt butter and mix in other ingredients. Pour over pretzels. Place pretzels in a large pan and bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and separate pretzels before completely cooling (they have a tendency to stick together while cooling).
Need something sweet? Do I even have to ask?
Take your favorite brownie and cut into football shape with a football cookie cutter. Let’s be honest here…if you have been cooking and cleaning all day in preparation for a football party, a brownie mix will be perfectly suffice for this treat. Add some white frosting details and you have a simple and cute sweet treat! The fact that your brownies are in the shape of footballs and have icing piped on them, is enough to make any brownie mix taste fabulous! But, if you have just a little extra time, and you are going for the big win, check out Cookies & Cheese she made Ina Garten’s Outrageous Brownies for her footballs.
You might like this Super Bowl Panini Party Recipe from last year.
Have a fun Super Bowl! I hope that your team in victorious. Unless they are playing against my team, then I just hope that your party is wonderful! Enjoy!