These care package ideas are a sure way to lift someone’s spirits and give encouragement. Make someone’s day!
- Food for the microwave (Ramen, Easy Mac, Oatmeal, Popcorn etc)
- Water bottle and a flavor packets for water
- Spa type items (masks, lotions)
- Baked goods
- Toys (over the door basketball hoop, fidget toy, cards)
- Gift cards
- Diffuser (my college kid loves this, he has essential oils for when he needs to relax, is not feeling well etc)
- Lip balm and other toiletries
- Holiday decorations or anything to decorate their dorm rooms
- Long phone-charging cord
- Motivational Sayings, Life Quotes and Positive Affirmations (they are all printable cards)
What are camp care package ideas?
Sending a little something to your camper is a great way to let them know they are special and you are thinking of them! This idea is full of camp care package notes and fun things to send to camp!
Church Camp Care Package (with free printable tags)
more sleepaway camp care package ideas with free tags
What do you put in a military care package?
- Powdered drink mixes for water (hot cocoa, instant coffee, tea bags, lemonade, sports drinks)
- Easy protein (energy bars, granola bars, canned tuna and chicken, beef jerky, summer sausage)
- Meal enhancers (hot sauce, mustard & ketchup packets, cheez-whiz, honey, Nutella, peanut butter, jelly)
- Snacks (crackers, cookies, non-chocolate candy, nuts, trail mix)
- Toiletries (shaving cream, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, razors, baby wipes, eye drops, toothpaste, toothbrush, dental floss, hand sanitizer, lip balm, sunscreen, cough drops, icy hot, Vicks)
- magazines and newspapers
- Crossword puzzles, word searches, sudoku
- thumb drive
- Games, cards
- Photos from home
- Reminders from home
- Handwritten notes
What do you put in a cancer care package?
- Warm cozy blanket
- Candy (Quezy Drops) (Peppermint candy can also help with nausea, as well as ease headaches)
- Lip balm
- Salon gift cards
- Water Bottle
- Entertainment (magazines, iTunes gift card, books, puzzles)
- Inspiration (Positive Affirmations, compliment cards found with the Box of Sunshine Care Package Printables)
- Handwritten note of encouragement
- Cute Tote (Instead of a basket or box go for a useful bag for packing a blanket and other items for taking to future treatments)
What do you put in a care package for the homeless?
There are so many ways to share love and kindness. Don’t forget about those less fortunate. Here are some care package ideas that will bless somebody and meet a few small needs.
- Travel toothbrush/toothpaste
- Granola bars
- Beef Jerky
- Fruit snacks
- Crackers with peanut butter or cheese
- Water bottle
- Hand wipes
- Lifesavers or sugar-free gum
- Travel Shampoo and Conditioner
- Hand lotion
- Seasonally Cold Weather (a stocking cap, gloves, hand warmers)
- Seasonally Warm Weather (sunscreen, bug spray, hat)
What to know about sending a care package
Wrap fragile items separately with bubble wrap, foam sheets, or newspaper (ink can transfer to objects so take care). Wrapping items individually will prevent them from scratching and hitting each other and causing damage. If you put two or more items together and wrap them as one, it may protect them from other items in the package, but it won’t protect them from each other.
If the items aren’t breakable back them tightly. You shouldn’t hear items when you shake the box.
Fill up extra space with peanuts, Styrofoam, or thick kraft paper.
Now that you have packed up some goodies it is time to ship. I have found if it is heavy the best way to ship is in a flat rate box from the United State Postal Service. You can get priority boxes and envelope for free. If it is a flat rate box you (small, medium, large sizes) you pay one flat rate no matter what the package weighs or where it is going. Delivery is generally in one, two or three days based on the distance to destination. You can also receive package tracking as well as a limited amount of free insurance against loss or damage. Boxes and envelopes can be picked up from the post office, or ordered online. Once the package is ready, you can schedule a free pick-up from your business or even from your home.