These care package ideas are a sure way to lift someone’s spirits, give encouragement and make someone’s day!
I am sharing ideas for the best gifts to include to make everyone in your life feel loved and special. It is easier than you might think.
Table of contents
- What are good things to put in a care package For a Friend?
- Care Package Ideas By Occasion and Person
- What to know about sending a care package
What are good things to put in a care package For a Friend?
First I try to think about what the person is going through and how I can provide support and make their day! Here are some great ideas for friend Care Packages. I also think about things I know they like. You might like to slip one of these friendship quotes inside the box.
Care Package Ideas By Occasion and Person
Here is a long list of cute care package ideas to provide support and encouragement for all that life might throw at us.
All these ideas make perfect care package ideas for friends. There is something to acknowledge all they might be going through and how very special they are. I hope you love these gift ideas.
Shower friends with loads of love! This would make such a great best friend care package.
Brighten Someone’s Day
A box of sun is sure to make someone’s day! Fill a box with yellow items tagged with cute puntastic sayings! They will be smiling ear to ear. These tags aren’t free, but for a couple of bucks, you get everything you need to give loads of sunshine!
This idea is good for everyone! Who doesn’t need and LOVE good vibes!
Someone That is Sick
How about a few items to help someone feel better while they are under the weather.
Post Surgery Care Package
Someone recovering from surgery will appreciate a few items to provide comfort and help them pass the time! They will appreciate a coloring book, board game, or book to keep their mind off any pain and keep boredom away.
Are you wondering what are good things to put in a college care package for a student? If you know a college kid any of these package ideas for college students would brighten their school year.
- Food for the microwave (Ramen, Easy Mac, Oatmeal, Popcorn etc)
- Water bottle and a flavor packets for water
- Spa type items (masks, lotions) -guys like masks too!
- Baked goods
- Toys (over the door basketball hoop, fidget toy, cards)
- Gift cards
- Diffuser (my college kid loves this, he has essential oils for when he needs to relax, is not feeling well etc)
- Lip balm and other toiletries
- Holiday decorations or anything to decorate their dorm rooms
- Long phone-charging cord
- Life Quotes and Positive Affirmations (they are all printable cards)
- Be sure to include loads of self care items (nail polish for manicures and pedicures, special hair conditioners etc) for college care packages for girls
Finals / Test Taking
Test-taking will feel a bit better with a touch of support. A great way to let a student know you believe in them and are super proud of their hard work!
Sending a little something to your camper is a great way to let them know they are special and you are thinking of them! This idea is full of camp care package notes and fun things to send to camp! Be sure to include a pillowcase for autographs.
Quarantine Care Package Ideas
A care basket for an isolated friend can help with loneliness and help them from feeling alone. These ideas will also bring a smile with their clever sayings!
Whip up a few yummy treats and use these cute labels to wrap them up.
What do you put in a military care package that will provide support, comfort, and encouragement? Here are a few military care package ideas that help a deployed service member feel love from home! What a wonderful way to support our military families!
- Powdered drink mixes for water (hot cocoa, instant coffee, tea bags, lemonade, sports drinks)
- Easy protein (energy bars, granola bars, canned tuna and chicken, beef jerky, summer sausage)
- Meal enhancers (hot sauce, mustard & ketchup packets, cheez-whiz, honey, Nutella, peanut butter, jelly)
- Snacks (crackers, cookies, non-chocolate candy, nuts, trail mix)
- Toiletries (shaving cream, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, razors, baby wipes, eye drops, toothpaste, toothbrush, dental floss, hand sanitizer, lip balm, sunscreen, cough drops, icy hot, Vicks)
- Books and Coloring Books
- magazines and newspapers
- Crossword puzzles, word searches, sudoku
- thumb drive
- Games, cards
- Photos from home
- Reminders from home
- Handwritten notes
Provide comfort for those going through chemotherapy and cancer treatments with these items. If you are wondering what do you put in a cancer care package try a few of these ideas:
- Warm cozy blanket
- Candy (Quezy Drops) (Peppermint candy can also help with nausea, as well as ease headaches)
- Lip balm
- Salon gift cards
- Water Bottle
- Entertainment (magazines, iTunes gift card, books, puzzles)
- Inspiration (Positive Affirmations, compliment cards found with the Box of Sunshine Care Package Printables)
- Handwritten note of encouragement
- Cute Tote (Instead of a basket or box go for a useful bag for packing a blanket and other items for taking to future treatments)
There are so many ways to share love and kindness. Don’t forget about those less fortunate. Here are some care package ideas that will bless somebody and meet a few small needs.
- Travel toothbrush/toothpaste
- Granola bars
- Beef Jerky
- Fruit snacks
- Crackers with peanut butter or cheese
- Water bottle
- Hand wipes
- Lifesavers or sugar-free gum
- Travel Shampoo and Conditioner
- Hand lotion
- Seasonally Cold Weather (a stocking cap, gloves, hand warmers)
- Seasonally Warm Weather (sunscreen, bug spray, hat)
What to know about sending a care package
Making up care package boxes really is easy. Do remember these tips! Wrap fragile items separately with bubble wrap, foam sheets, or newspaper (ink can transfer to objects so take care). Wrapping items individually will prevent them from scratching and hitting each other and causing damage. If you put two or more items together and wrap them as one, it may protect them from other items in the package, but it won’t protect them from each other.
If the items aren’t breakable back them tightly. You shouldn’t hear items when you shake the box.
Fill up extra space with peanuts, Styrofoam, or thick kraft paper.
Now that you have packed up some goodies it is time to ship. I have found if it is heavy the best way to ship is in a flat rate priority mail box from the United States Postal Service. You can get priority boxes and envelope for free. If it is a flat rate box (small, medium, large sizes) you pay one flat rate no matter what the package weighs or where it is going. Delivery is generally in one, two, or three days based on the distance to destination. You can also receive package tracking as well as a limited amount of free insurance against loss or damage. Boxes and envelopes can be picked up from the post office, or ordered online. Once the package is ready, you can schedule a free pick-up from your business or even from your home. Don’t forget care packages sent overseas might need a customs form.
If you love sending care packages you can grab all the printables in one place. I have made it easy with my Packed with Love Bundle!
I hope you love all these care basket ideas and help you to create something wonderful!