Tortellini Salad Recipe bursts with flavors that will leave your family and guests wondering when you became a gourmet chef! Don’t worry, we will never tell how quick and easy this recipe is!
Skip to My Lou believes in delicious, nutritious meals for any gathering, from family dinners to holiday gatherings! Try our baked tortellini casserole and tortellini soup to delight and satisfy your taste buds!
This one is a keeper!!! PIN recipe to make it again and again. Your family and friends will be so happy!
WATCH VIDEO AND LEARN HOW TO MAKE Tortellini Salad
Who else loves the combination of savory grilled chicken, tender tortellini, crisp red onions, feta cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing? Your local grocery store has all of these easy to find ingredients! The magic happens when you combine them!
Tortellini Salad INGREDIENTS
You will need to make this recipe
- 4 oz tortellini (cooked)
- 4 oz grilled chicken
- 2 artichoke hearts
- 1 oz fresh spinach or other greens
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 oz feta cheese
- red onion
Items need to make the dressing
- 2 cloves of garlic
- dried oregano
- tomato paste
- balsamic vinegar
- top quality olive oil
SUBSTITUTIONS OR ADDITIONS (TIPS)
To transform this chicken tortellini pasta salad recipe to a homemade Italian cold tortellini salad, substitute the following ingredients:
Italian dressing for the homemade dressing
Fresh basil for dried oregano
Parmesan cheese for feta cheese
Halved cherry tomatoes for sundried tomatoes
Add mozzarella balls to complete the transformation!
HOW TO MAKE (RECIPE)
- Puree dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and while processing, add olive oil.
- Now it is time to taste and add salt and pepper at this point.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Rinse with cold water and set aside. Grill chicken and slice into strips. Combine all salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- Gently but thoroughly toss the salad.
- Toss dressing with salad. This recipe makes more dressing that you need for the salad, so keep the leftover dressing in a covered container in your refrigerator!
- The meal is ready to serve! Portion immediately in a bowl or on a plate and get ready for the compliments!
Serving and Storage
Like most pasta salad recipes, the longer dressing ingredients can develop with the other components, the better it will taste! However, spinach wilts, so you may want to combine everything in advance and toss with the spinach before serving!
- Food Processor or Blender
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring Cup
- 4 oz tortellini cooked
- 4 oz grilled chicken
- 2 artichoke hearts sliced and drained
- 1 oz of fresh spinach or other greens
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes softened in warm water 20 mins. then chopped
- 2 oz. feta cheese
- 3 slices red onion
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbls. tomato paste
- 6 Tbls. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil top quality
- Puree ingredients in blender or food processor then while processor is going add olive oil.
- Toss dressing with salad. This makes more than enough dressing for the ingredients.