These oven roasted potatoes are an easy side dish for your next dinner; with a hint of garlic and those crisp edges- Yum. A little chop chop, throw them in the oven, and in about an hour have a delicious side dish!
If your family loves potatoes, try my slow cooker baked potatoes. Busy day plan; put them in the crock pot in the morning and you have perfectly baked potatoes when you get home! You might even like this baked potato sauce.
Roasted Potatoes Recipe Ingredients
- red, white, or golden Yukon gold potatoes (what I used in the picture), fingerling potatoes cut in half lengthwise is another favorite to use.
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- sheet pan or shallow roasting pan
How to Make Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash, dry, and cut the potatoes into small cubes.
- Place cubed potatoes in a Ziploc bag with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Toss until the potatoes are evenly coated. These potatoes can be made ahead up to this point and kept in the zip lock bag in the refrigerator for about a day. If they are cold do allow for longer cooking time.
- Spread potatoes out into a single layer on the baking sheet. Lining the pan with parchment paper will make clean up easier.
- Bake potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking to ensure even browning..
The flavor of these potatoes with a soft interior and crunchy exterior can’t be beat. They are so easy to change up by adding fresh herbs and spices like dried or fresh thyme, rosemary or dill. You can even use a mixture of herbs like basil and oregano. The sky is the limit.
I often add other vegetables like sweet potato, rutabaga, carrots, and celeriac to the mix. Just make sure everything is cut the same size.
The roasted potatoes can be topped with a bit of parmesan cheese if you like after cooking. These roasted potatoes are a delicious side for steak.
- 1 Cooking Sheet
- 1 Zip-lock Bag
- 4 pounds small red potatoes white, or golden Yukon potatoes (what I used in the picture)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic pressed or about 1 1/2 – 2 Tablespoons (finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the potatoes into small cubes and place in a Ziploc bag with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Toss until the potatoes are evenly coated. Spread potatoes out into 1 layer onto a sheet pan. Roast potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking to ensure even browning.
mORE yUMMY pOTATO rECIPES
Potatoes are certainly as versatile as they are delicious and oh-so-gluten free! Carbs have been getting a bad rap for a while, so what do you say? Let’s Bring Potatoes Back, people!