Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Healthy Broccoli Salad swaps avocado for mayo and honey for refined sugar! The best part is this salad is so delicious that my friends and family do not even miss the sugar or mayo! In fact, this recipe is preferred!
If this Healthy Broccoli Salad recipe caught your eye, you are at the right place! Here at Skip to My Lou, I love creating and sharing healthy recipes like Healthy Lunch Ideas, Delicious Healthy Breakfast Granola Treat, and Plant-Based Lasagna.
PIN My Healthy Broccoli Salad recipe so you can make it again and again. Your family and friends will be so happy!
WATCH VIDEO AND LEARN HOW TO MAKE This Broccoli Salad without Mayo
Healthy Broccoli Salad INGREDIENTS
This great recipe uses fresh broccoli florets, avocado, bacon, onion, seeds, and raisins. These ingredients are easy to find and if you are lucky, you may have them all on hand now!
You will need to make this recipe
- broccoli crowns
- raisins (2 – 3 tiny boxes) or Craisins
- red onion
- sunflower seeds (optional)
- bacon (pre-cooked works great)
- avocado (make sure it is soft)
- apple cider vinegar
SUBSTITUTIONS and ADDITIONS
Honey or Maple syrup work in this recipe. I have also used Agave syrup.
If you prefer more sauce or your broccoli heads were extra large just double the avocado, vinegar, and honey or maple syrup.
Serving and Storage
This salad takes great the next day. I feel like about 3 days in the refrigerator is it’s limit.
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Since this healthy broccoli salad has bacon and avocado, this could be served as a main course or it certainly makes a beautiful, natural side dish.
HOW TO MAKE Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Make the broccoli salad dressing first by mashing the ripe avocado in a medium bowl.
- Next, add the honey and apple cider vinegar. Stir well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients.
- Pour the sauce over the other ingredients. Stir.
Healthy Broccoli Salad
- 2 good sized broccoli crowns about 7-8 cups chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins 2 – 3 tiny boxes (Craisins also work well and are red and pretty)
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds shelled, optional
- 1 cup chopped bacon pre-cooked works great about a 2.68 ounce package 15 slices
- 1 avocado make sure it is soft
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Make a sauce first by mashing the avocado and adding in the honey and apple cider vinegar. Stir well then pour over the other ingredients. Stir.
Meet some Super Food Healthy Swaps
This Healthy Broccoli Salad swaps avocado for mayo and honey for refined sugar. Avocado steps in with healthy fat AND protein that kicks mayo to the curb. Refined sugar? Nope, the super-food honey steps in with natural sweetness.
More Recipes to Try
Thank you for being here today! Before you go, here is an assortment of things you may find interesting and useful from Skip to My Lou! As always, I would love to hear from you in the comments!