Free Printable Birthday Cards
Let your friends know you’re thinking about them on their birthday with these adorable, printable Birthday Cards in 3 different styles. They are perfect for friends both young and old! Everyone appreciates a personalized card.
And if you’re looking for more ideas on how to show you care on your special person’s special day, don’t miss how we greet our kids with a birthday message when they wake up on their birthday.
Printable Birthday Cards
These free, printable birthday cards are so fun and colorful, your friends will love opening them on their birthday. I have to confess, there have been times where I’ve forgotten to get a birthday card to go along with a gift for a friend and I just don’t have time to go back to the store. Anyone else been there? These will be huge lifesavers when that happens again!
Your friends won’t even notice these were freebies and love how cute they are! Personally, I think they look as nice as some of the store cards that can cost $3 or more, and because they’re blank inside, they’re a lot more versatile than the oddly specific ones you have to dig through on the rack.
If you are someone that likes to be ahead of the game, print these out beforehand, and when the next birthday rolls around you’re already prepared to send your friend a birthday card.
My grandma was so good about getting cards ahead of time for everyone’s birthday in the family. She had a small file organizer just for birthday cards with the all of the months in it. She’d pick out cards ahead of time and place them in the file when their birthday month was. I’ve always loved this idea!
What should I write inside a birthday card?
Of course, you can write anything you like. Sometimes it can be hard to think of just the right things to say.
Do you look at a card and blank out? No worries! You can share one of these friendship quotes, or if it is your bestie, a quote for best friends. Here are some other suggestions for things you might say:
- Happy, happy birthday!
- Happy birthday! I hope you have a day just as amazing as you are.
- So happy you were born!
- You deserve everything happy. Wishing you that all year long!
- The happiest of birthdays to the best _________.
- Another year older, and you keep getting stronger, wiser, funnier and more amazing!
- Happy Birthday to one of my favorite people.
- Thanks for being you.
- Warmest wishes and love on your birthday and always!
- So grateful that God put you on this earth and in my life.
- You are so special to me, I didn’t even need Facebook to remind me it was your birthday!
The best part of all is that these birthday cards are easy to assemble: print them on heavy cardstock, then cut them out and insert them into an envelope that fits a 5×7 card. You’re all set! Make it a little more festive and use colored envelopes to go with each birthday card.
How can I make a birthday card?
It is super easy to make your own birthday cards with these free printables. Download the card of your choice from the list below. Print in color on white cardstock. Cut and fold, slip it into an envelope (for a 5″ X 7″ card), and you are ready to wish someone a Happy Birthday!
Download the files below:
Behind the Design: Megan is the owner and creator behind Short Stop Designs. Graphic design is her creative outlet and she loves sharing her designs with others who need something new to spice up their home or are in search of a cute printable to go along with a gift. Aside from keeping up with her blog, her 3 active children keep her busy—all while trying to survive the life of an Army wife.
Birthday Gift Ideas
Celebrating our friends and making them feel special is important. After you have made one of these printable birthday cards, how about making a handmade gift? It doesn’t have to be big—just a small token will still make your friend feel loved and important. Sometimes the little personalized things become the most treasured keepsakes.
If you are looking for some fun birthday gifts, any of these simple gift ideas would be easy to whip up!
- Cutie Pie Gift – Got a friend who prefers pie?
- Easy Chocolate Mug Cake Gift – with You Take the Cake Tag – A fantastic gift for cake and coffee lovers!
Do you sew? These patterns make lovely gifts!
- Boxy Cosmetic Bag – These are great for men’s toiletries, too!
- Zippered Pouch – Such a treat to give a little pouch with a gift card inside.
- Friendship Gift tags – Great for flowers (or anything else).
- Tickled Pink You’re My Friend Gift Tags – A dainty detail for a pretty gift bag or candy.
More Ways to Celebrate!
Don’t forget the cake! We’ve got so many delicious recipes and fun cake decorating ideas, you’ll be looking for more birthdays to celebrate!
- Printable Happy Birthday Cake Topper – Perfect for adding that personal touch in a hurry!
- Birthday Cakes for Men – Cakes with a little more “guy stuff” going on.
- Minion Cake Ideas – Got a Minions fanatic? We’ve got you covered.
- The BEST Buttercream — Make the most delicious birthday cake with this frosting!
- Wacky Cake – Perfect for a friend with allergies!
- Delicious Cake Recipes – These cakes are a hit all year round.
- Chocolate Cake with Caramel Frosting – You really can’t go wrong with a chocolate-caramel combo.