Couldn’t we all use a little more kindness in our lives? It is amazing how small acts of kindness – volunteering, buying coffee for a co-worker, or holding the door open for a stranger – can create a positive chain reaction and turn the world into a brighter place!
Want to share a random act of kindness? These printable compliment sheets are a perfect way to get started. Use the gift tag below to tell a few friends how special they are! This is an easy way to shine some joy on your friends!
Download the Printable Friendship Gift Tags. Print on card stock. I found this kraft colored card stock at the craft store. Cut out tags and use washi tape to fasten to a small gift.
I will be giving flowers, but what about a cup of coffee, a soft drink, homemade cookies, a special sack lunch…. really anything that would brighten your friend’s day!
If you are looking for other ways to spread kindness check out these simple random acts of kindness ideas.
50 Random Acts of Kindness Ideas
- Open the door for someone
- Drop off a toy, game or coloring books and crayons at a hospital pediatric unit
- Give a helping hand when you see someone carrying a lot of stuff
- Pay someone a compliment
- Help someone with their groceries or bags
- Say hello!
- Acknowledge the cashier who’s helping you and genuinely ask them how they’re doing
- Take flowers to a hospital ward and give them to someone who hasn’t had any visitors
- Reach an item off a high shelf for someone
- Drop off teddy bears at the police department to give to traumatized children
- Send someone a small gift anonymously
- Make sure every person in a group conversation feels included
- Drop off flowers at your friend or neighbor’s home
- Leave an anonymous thank you notes to a teacher
- Treat a friend to the movies or dinner
- Put change in a vending machine
- Write a letter of appreciation to someone who is helping your community
- Play board games with senior citizens at a nursing home
- Give up your seat to someone
- Pick up trash you find along your way
- Say thank you to a janitor
- Pay for a toll for the car behind you
- Write anonymous words of affirmations for strangers to find
- Babysit for a single mom for free
- At a restaurant, pay for a table’s lunch or dinner anonymously
- Buy lemonade from a kid’s lemonade stand
- Pay for someone’s groceries
- Put something you no longer need on craigslist for free
- Buy a movie ticket for the person behind you in line
- Send dessert to another table
- Pay for someone’s meal behind you at the drive-thru
- Volunteer your time
- Compliment someone in front of others
- Buy a meal for a homeless person
- Leave a book you have already finished somewhere for someone else to read
- Drop off a toy or game at a homeless shelter
- Offer to help an elderly neighbor with their household chores.
- Give a lottery ticket to a stranger
- Visit someone at a nursing home that doesn’t receive many visitors
- Take a treat to work to share with co-workers
- Pay for someone behind you at a coffee shop
- Write a kind thought or inspirational quote on a post it note and leave in public for everyone to see
- Talk to the person who’s sitting by themselves at a party
- When you run an errand, ask the people around you if you can pick up anything they need
- Let the person behind you at the supermarket checkout with one or two items go ahead of you
- Put sticky notes with positive thoughts on the mirrors in restrooms
- Be patient
- Put your phone away and be present!
Looking for more ideas? Let’s help each other. Please leave your ideas for sharing kindness in the comments.