These best friend quotes are perfect to share with that true friend! These short best friend quotes can be a great way to let your friend – someone who’s been there through thick and thin, ups and downs, happy and sad, tears and fears, and joy and laughter – know how very special they are.
You might also like these inspiring friendship quotes. If you need a little something-something special to give, you might like this friendship gift. I have more quotes that are perfect to inspire and encourage for any situation you might find yourself in. Thanksgiving quotes are great to show gratitude for a friend.
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
Best Friend Quotes
Best friends send a “check in-text” to see if you need an excuse to end your date early. They show up with seven-up and movies when you are sick, and they don’t give up shopping until you have found the perfect wedding dress. True friends hang out after your party and help you clean up and do the dishes. BFFs show up with meals after your baby is born, and they offer to take your toddler to the park when they know you need a break.
No matter our age, or our stage in life, true friends can make such a huge difference in both our happiness and the ability to get through the hard and sad times in our life. I have gathered up some of my favorite best friends forever quotes aka bff quotes and sayings.
Some are deep, famous quotes and some are just sweet sentimental sayings for your bestie. You will find some cute best friend quotes, some funny best friend quotes, and possibly some friendship memory quotes that make you cry. I hope you will be able to use these words in creative ways to tell your best friends how much of a blessing they are in your life, and just to say thank you for being there.
Quotes for Best Friends
My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.
A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails. -Donna Roberts
A good friend knows all your stories. A best friend helped you write them.
Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together. — Woodrow Wilson
Sad Friendship Quotes
When your friends are feeling low or need a bit of empathy share one of these quotes to let them know you care. There’s also a bestfriend quote share sympathy duringyour friends successes.
A friend who understands your tears is much more valuable than a lot of friends who only know your smile.
A friend is someone who makes it easy to believe in yourself.
— Heidi Wills
Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success.
― Oscar Wilde
Inspirational Quotes for Friends
These sweet best friend quotes will touch the hearts of those close to you. There’s even a girl best friend quote to celebrate your bestie’s success.
Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them.
— Anna Taylor
The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. Elisabeth Foley
A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.
— Proverbs 27:9
In my friend, I find a second self. – Isabel Norton
Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer. — Ed Cunningham
A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.
— Irish Proverb
One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood. – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.
― William Shakespeare
Old Friends Quotes
These bff best friend quotes are so sincere for long time friends. I bet you’ll smile when you read the funny friendship quote about growing old and senile together.
The best mirror is an old friend.
― George Herbert
We’ll be friends ’til we’re old and senile. … Then we’ll be new friends!
There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met. — Jim Henson
True Friendship Quotes
True friendships are a blessing when they occur and will be forever in your heart. That’s why the close friend quotes are perfect to share with those you hold dear to your heart.
Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart. -Eleanor Roosevelt
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
— Oprah Winfrey
A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. – Walter Winchell
It’s not that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but it’s your best friends who are your diamonds. It’s your best friends who are supremely resilient, made under pressure and of astonishing value. They’re everlasting; they can cut glass if they need to.
I get by with a little help from my friends.
— The Beatles
True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” – Nicole Richie
A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.– Bernard Meltzer
Some souls just understand each other upon meeting.
— N.R. Hart
It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like ‘What about lunch?’ – A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Why we need best friends: because they laugh at the same stupid things we do; because they give us honest advice; because they will be there for us, even if they’re thousands of miles away; because they celebrate with us when we’re at our best, but still love us at our worst.
— Unknown Author
There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate. ― Linda Grayson
Best Friend Sayings
These words for best friends and friends close to you are a sweet way to share your feelings when writing a card (affiliate link).
- A true friend is someone who says nice things behind your back…
- Friendship is just a word. But my friends give it meaning…
- Friendship is God’s special way of loving us through someone else…
- Friend believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself…
- Friends… They cherish one another’s hopes. They are kind to one another’s dreams…
- A friend who offers help without asking for explanations is a treasure beyond price.
- If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
More Funny Best Friend Quotes and Sweet Friendship Quotes
- Friendship … is born at the moment when one person says to another “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” ― C.S. Lewis
- It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light. ― Helen Keller
- Friends… they cherish one another’s hopes. They are kind to one another’s dreams. — Henry David Thoreau
- In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter and sharing of pleasures. Let your best be for your friend. — Khalil Gibran
- Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. ―
- Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. ― Marcel Proust
- Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything. ―
- I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living. ― Dr. Seuss (more Dr. Seuss quotes)
- It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. – Albert Schweitzer
- A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world. – Leo Buscaglia
- For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. — Audrey Hepburn
These best friend quotes perfectly sum up the special bond you have with your bestie! How lucky we are if we have found a best friend. I hope these quotes have given you some inspiration to show love and appreciation for the bestie in your life!