This Chocolate Caramel Cake is delicious! Yes, it is a bit rich and decadent, but it is a great dessert recipe for a special occasion or dinner party!
If you are making the cake for a birthday. These free printable birthday cards are the perfect addition to any gift.
Chocolate Caramel Cake Ingredients
- 1 Chocolate Cake mix (German Chocolate or Devil’s Food works great)
- 1 – 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 – 12 ounce jar of caramel ice cream topping
- 1 – 8 ounce container of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate candy bar to make chocolate curls or chocolate covered toffee bits
Putting it all together
Bake cake in a 9″ X 13″ pan according to package directions. Remove cake from oven and immediately poke holes in the cake with a skewer or large meat fork. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the cake. Allow milk to soak in a bit, then pour most of the caramel ice cream topping over the cake. Cool cake completely. Frost cake with whip topping, drizzle remaining caramel sauce as shown and decorate with chocolate covered toffee bits or chocolate curls.
- Bake your cake according to package directions in your 9″x13′ pan.
2. Remove cake from oven and immediately poke holes in the top using a meat fork or skewer, as shown.
3. Pour 1 can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of the whole cake and let cake soak it up for a while.
4. After sweetened condensed milk has soaked in for a while, pour most of the caramel sauce on top of the cake. Save some caramel sauce to drizzle on top at the end.
5.Cool cake completely. Then frost with thawed whipped topping, drizzle with remaining caramel sauce and top with chocolate covered toffee bits or chocolate curls.
6. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve later. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
Before You Go
Thank you for stopping by today. Please check out more delicious recipes and leave me a comment and let me know how your family liked this one!
Here are a few more cake recipes you’ve got to try! Please leave me a comment to let me know what you think!
- It is always nice to have a delicious Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe for those who can’t tolerate gluten. You won’t be disappointed.
- Ever used your pressure cooker to bake a cake? Here’s a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cake to make in your pressure cooker!
- This one is not a cake, per se, but it is a CHEESECAKE! Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake