The Nativity Drawing Game is a fun Christmas party game. Enjoy a free printable for the perfect game prompt.
If you love drawing you might also like to learn how to draw a Christmas tree.
Nativity Drawing Game
This is a drawing game that is easy to play with family and friends. It’s a fun way to get in some quality time together, while also having some laughs and making memories.
How to Play
Tell players to use stick figures and simple drawings to depict the Nativity. The person with the most details wins.
Give a point for each item drawn that would be found in the nativity scene. It will be fun to see all the answers. You might see these (but don’t give any drawing ideas):
- Baby Jesus
In this game variation, you draw one part of the nativity scene (the stable, Joseph, Mary, baby Jesus) and then pass it on to the next person who draws their own item. Once everyone has drawn something they can take turns reading what each person drew out loud! You’ll be surprised at how silly this little game can get – but keep your laughter inside so you don’t wake up baby Jesus!
Drawing on the Head
Have you heard of the paper plate game? To play this game, give each person a pen and sturdy paper plate (not styrofoam). Instruct everyone to put the plate on top of their head with instructions that it is an artistic competition see who can follow these simple steps best by drawing what you say! It’s important not to take down your masterpiece until everyone has finished following the Instructions for their Christmas drawing.
- Draw walls and a roof for the stable.
- Draw baby Jesus in a manger inside the stable.
- Draw Mary and Joseph by baby Jesus
- Draw a star up in the sky.
- Draw some farm animals.
Here is how to score:
- 1 point if the walls and roof of the stable are touching each other.
- 2 points if baby Jesus is inside the stable.
- 2 points if the star is above the roof of the stable. 1 point if the star touching the roof and sorry no points are below the roof.
- 2 points if you drew Mary and Joseph inside the stable.
- 1 point for animal drawn.
my favorite drawing supplies
- Sketching Pencils
- Kneaded Rubber Eraser
- Sketch Pad
- Erasable Colored Pencils
- Fine markers
- Sketch and Drawing Art Pencil Set
- Artist drawing set (This is great for new and experienced artists. It’s also something I give as a gift.)
Nativity Coloring Page
This free printable also makes a great coloring page for kids. You might also like this Nativity coloring page.
More Christmas Games and Activities
When you are done playing this fun game you might like these Christmas themed activities.
- Printable Nativity Advent Calendar
- Play Christmas Charades
- Exchange gifts with this fun Christmas Story Game
- Make homemade Christmas Ornaments
- Enjoy relaxing coloring with these Snowman Coloring Pages
- Be sure to record the year with this Year in Review Coloring Page
- Make a cute Christmas Card with this Gingerbread Coloring Page
- Draw Santa Claus – fun to draw!
- Free printable coloring pages for Christmas