A Pine tree, oak tree, and palm tree are some of the most iconic trees, and there are so many types of trees it may be hard to pick just one. If you are looking to create a drawing of a tree, then this how to draw a tree guide may be perfect for you. Create a beautiful tree in just a few easy steps. Not to mention, you don’t need any drawing skills, just some simple lines and basic techniques.
This simple tutorial gives you all everything you need to draw an outline of a tree and allows you to color the tree however you wish!
Supplies For Realistic basketball Drawing
Before even starting, the first step is the have the right supplies needed to draw! Undoubtedly, having the right art supplies available makes drawing easy and enjoyable. Below you’ll find some of my favorites!
This article contains affiliate links.
- Sketching Pencils
- Kneaded Rubber Eraser
- Sketch Pad
- Erasable Colored Pencils
- Fine markers
- Sketch and Drawing Art Pencil Set
- Artist drawing set (This is great for new and experienced artists. It’s also something I give as a gift.)
How to Draw a TREE Step-By-Step Guide
To create a simple tree drawing, you don’t need a lot. In reality, all you need is a piece of paper, colored pencils, or markers, and the ability to want to draw a tree. Whether you want to make it look like a cartoon tree or a real tree, this step-by-step guide on how to draw a tree will help you turn some simple shapes into realistic trees or cartoons.
- Starting at the bottom of the sheet of paper. Draw two small curved lines for the base of the tree. After that, connect each curved line to vertical lines that meet at a point about halfway up the white space on the paper.
2. Before coloring the trunk of the tree and its branches brown. You want to add a tree branch on each side near the middle of the tree trunk and then add tree branches at the top of the tree and on each side of the trunk. The branches should be straight lines. At the base of the tree, add small squiggles to connect the two lines drawn in the previous step. These are the roots of the tree.
3. In addition to the branches you just drew in step 2. Make sure to draw branches using shorter lines coming from each of the larger branches of the tree. At this time, using a sideways “c” shape, draw the initial layers of the tree leaves at the end of the large and small branches.
4. In the same fashion as the lines you just drew for the leaves, outline the branches drawing and roots in black marker. In order to fill in the back of the tree, draw lines in a small shape like a “c” between the large and smaller branches near the tree trunk.
Then it’s time to add some details. Use the same “c” shape and create leaf areas in the front of the tree. Basically, try having them go in different directions to show a variety of different angles of leaves. Depending on your desired effect, you can add as many sections or as few as you want.
5. Finally, the last step is to add green color to the leaves. Generally, you’ll want to use a lighter green on the front parts of the tree and a darker tone on the shadowed side or back of the tree. You can add any final details you want here, like some clouds, a sun, or birds flying around.
After all, determining how to draw a tree is not as difficult as you might think. As a matter of fact, it’s just some basic shapes, a simple step (or six), and some drawing supplies. Your tree can become a family tree to track relatives or a Christmas tree for your next holiday card. Whichever you choose, it will be great!
More Fun How to Draw Activities
If you are looking for some other fun how to draw activities, then you should check out the other ones I have available! Especially the ones below!
- Try our most popular step-by-step guide on how to draw a dog.
- Create a beautiful insect with how to draw a butterfly.
- Meow! Easily learn how to draw a cat.
- Learn how to draw the king of the savannah with this how to draw a lion guide.
- Everyone loves fall, and you can easily learn how to draw a pumpkin.