Basketball coloring pages are cool. But this step-by-step how to draw a basketball complete guide will teach you how to create your own basketball. With just a few easy steps, this basketball drawing tutorial will help you complete a basketball drawing project that only requires basic shapes and barely any drawing skills!
This basketball tutorial gives you all the information you need to create an easy basketball drawing. These step-by-step instructions will help beginner artists create a realistic basketball that any basketball player would think is real and may try to use in a basketball game!
Supplies For Realistic basketball Drawing
The first step when figuring out how to draw a basketball is ensuring you have the right supplies needed to draw! Having the right art supplies available makes drawing easy and enjoyable. Below you’ll find some of my favorites!
This article contains affiliate links.
- Sketching Pencils
- Kneaded Rubber Eraser
- Sketch Pad
- Erasable Colored Pencils
- Fine markers
- Sketch and Drawing Art Pencil Set
- Artist drawing set (This is great for new and experienced artists. It’s also something I give as a gift.)
How to Draw a basketball Step-By-Step Guide
One of the most popular sports in the world, basketball is a fun sport that requires a basketball court, a basketball hoop, and teamwork. Follow these 5 simple steps, and you’ll have an easy way to draw a basketball.
- It can be hard to get a perfect circle. Don’t be discouraged. Not only can you use a compass to create a circle. But also a round object to draw a simple circle.
2. Once done with the previous step. Start at the bottom of the basketball and draw a curved vertical line to the top of the basketball. After that, draw a second line. This time it’s a horizontal line that is a slightly curved line from the left side of the basketball to the right. They will form a “+” when they meet.
3. In addition to the lines you just drew at the top of the ball, you’ll want to add some extra lines or the inner texture lines. You’ll add a downward curved line touching the edge of the basketball. As well as another curved line going in the opposite direction on the bottom of the ball. You want both lines to be curving towards the “+.”
4. After that, use a black marker or colored pencils to color the lines.
5. Finally, the last step and most fun step in this how to draw a basketball guide is to grab an orange marker, crayon, or pencil and color the rest of the basketball to add some fun details.
There you have it. Whether you have artistic skills or not. You can easily learn how to draw a basketball with this step-by-step guide!
More Fun How to Draw Activities
If you are looking for some other fun how to draw activities, then you should check out the other ones I have available! Especially the ones below!
- Try our most popular step-by-step guide on how to draw a dog.
- Create a beautiful insect with how to draw a butterfly.
- Meow! Easily learn how to draw a cat.
- Learn how to draw the king of the savannah with this how to draw a lion guide.
- Everyone loves fall, and you can easily learn how to draw a pumpkin.