SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAILSubscribe to Skip to my Lou posts
and receive them in your email inbox!
Easy Skillet Lasagna
I found this yummy and quick dinner idea at Family Fun.
It was simple to throw together and my family liked it!
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese or cottage cheese (I used low-fat cottage cheese)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium zucchini, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 (26-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 6 oven-ready (no boil) lasagna noodles
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta or cottage cheese, water, salt, basil, oregano, pepper Parmesan, and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella. Set the mixture aside.
- Brown the beef in a large skillet set over medium-high heat until cooked, about 5 minutes. Drain fat. Add the zucchini. Stir in 2 cups of the pasta sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Top the mixture with 2 lasagna noodles, set in the center. Break 2 more noodles each into half and fill in the edges. Spread the cheese mixture over the noodles. Break 2 remaining noodles in half each and lay on top. Pour the rest of the sauce into the skillet and spread evenly, then sprinkle on the remaining cup of mozzarella.
- Cover the skillet and simmer the lasagna over medium-low heat until the noodles are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and let the lasagna cool for at least 5 minutes. After about 10 minutes most of the liquid was absorbed. Makes about 6 servings.