Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Mexican spaghetti is my fun, new twist on classic spaghetti. Easy to shop for, prep, cook, and clean up, too! This taco spaghetti recipe could be your new family fav, why not give it a try?
Spaghetti noodles are the perfect companions for all sorts of yummy sauces, so in this Mexican spaghetti recipe, we are using Rotel tomatoes, taco seasoning, and cilantro to accompany our favorite noodles.
PIN Mexican Spaghetti on your Fast Family Favorites boards so you can make it again and again. Your family and friends will be so happy!
MORE Pasta RECIPES:
Baked Penne Pasta Casserole | How to Make Homemade Noodles
WATCH VIDEO AND LEARN HOW TO MAKE Mexican Spaghetti
Mexican Spaghetti INGREDIENTS
You probably have most of the ingredients already in your pantry and fridge for this dish. Cilantro will be the trickiest ingredient to find if your grocery store does not keep a fresh supply.
- olive oil (or cooking spray to brown ground beef)
- ground beef
- taco seasoning (1.25-ounce package)
- Ro*Tel® Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies (10-ounce can)
- tomato sauce (8-ounce can)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Roma tomatoes
- fresh cilantro leaves
- cheddar cheese
SUBSTITUTIONS OR ADDITIONS (TIPS)
This recipe is so cool because you don’t have to have cooked spaghetti in a separate pan! The spaghetti noodles cook in the Rotel and taco seasoning for the best flavor! If you like your pasta with a lot of body, start checking the noodles 3-5 minutes before the suggested cooking time to catch them at al dente!
HOW TO MAKE Mexican Spaghetti
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat olive oil and then brown ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink and onions are soft and translucent (about 7 to 10 minutes).
- Crumble the ground beef as it cooks: drain off the fat.
- Stir the taco seasoning in with the beef and cook for a minute.
- Stir in Ro*Tel®, tomato sauce, and 3 cups of water. Break the spaghetti in half and stir into the sauce.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through about 13-16 minutes. Make sure to stir the spaghetti frequently to avoid it sticking together.
- When the spaghetti has reached desired tenderness, remove from heat and stir in half the cheese.
- Garnish with the rest of the shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, and chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Serving and Storage
Serve in bowls or on a plate with a simple side salad of shredded lettuce, diced fresh tomatoes with a dollop of sour cream, or some crumbled queso fresco.
This one-pot taco spaghetti should freeze well in freezer bags or an air-tight container.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking spray to brown ground beef
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1.25-ounce package of taco seasoning
- 1 10-ounce can Ro*Tel® Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided or more
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or more
In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink and onions are soft and translucent (about 7 to 10 minutes). Crumble the beef as it cooks; drain off fat.
Stir in taco seasoning in with the beef and cook for a minute.
Stir in Ro*Tel®, tomato sauce,and 3 cups of water.
Break the spaghetti in half and stir into the sauce. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through about 13-16 minutes.
Make sure to stir the spaghetti frequently to avoid it sticking together. When the spaghetti has reached desired tenderness, remove from heat and stir in half the cheese. Garnish with the rest of the shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
More Recipes to Try
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
Made this last night for dinner and it was so good! This is the first time that I tried making Mexican Spaghetti and it was something new for us, we all loved it!
I dont think that I have ever thought of adding additional flavor to spaghetti, and this might just be my new favorite way to make it! thank you for sharing
What a great twist on classic spaghetti! Lots of delicious flavors! I’ll be adding this on our dinner rotation for sure!