- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking spray to brown ground beef
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1.25-ounce package of taco seasoning
- 1 10-ounce can Ro*Tel® Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided or more
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or more
In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink and onions are soft and translucent (about 7 to 10 minutes). Crumble the beef as it cooks; drain off fat.
Stir in taco seasoning in with the beef and cook for a minute.
Stir in Ro*Tel®, tomato sauce,and 3 cups of water.
Break the spaghetti in half and stir into the sauce. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through about 13-16 minutes.
Make sure to stir the spaghetti frequently to avoid it sticking together. When the spaghetti has reached desired tenderness, remove from heat and stir in half the cheese. Garnish with the rest of the shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 283mg | Potassium: 371mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 439IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 2mg