Are you looking for a perfect homemade ranch dressing recipe? I love a good salad dressing, and this ranch recipe is one of my favorites!
I do love salads! Do you? This make ahead salad is perfect for entertaining, and my go-to salad dressing recipe is this Mandarin Salad Dressing recipe. If you have a go-to homemade dressing recipe, please share in the comments.
Homemade Ranch Dressing Recipe Ingredients
- Sour Cream (try Greek yogurt if you like)
- dried dill
- dried parsley
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Worcestershire sauce
Homemade Ranch Dressing
Why buy store bought bottled ranch dressing when you can make your own homemade dressing? Simply add all the ingredients together. For even more flavorful dressing, chill for a couple of hours or overnight.
With this easy homemade ranch dressing recipe, you will know exactly what is in it and it tastes way better! So say goodbye Hidden Valley Ranch. And say hello to tangy, homemade freshness.
If you have ever wondered how to make ranch dressing, try this recipe. In a bowl whisk together mayonnaise sour cream, buttermilk together with dried herbs and spices.
Homemade Ranch Salad Dressing
This ranch dressing tastes better than storebought!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk low fat is fine
- 1/4 cup sour cream low fat is fine
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp worcestershire
- 1/8 tsp salt add more to taste
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Mix all together and enjoy.
Mix all together and enjoy. It tastes even better the next day.
This dressing lasts as long as the expiration dates on mayonnaise, buttermilk, and sour cream.
Homemade Ranch Recipe TIPS
Feel free to experiment with the amount of seasonings you put in if you’re looking for low-fat or zingier options! Here are some tips to make the perfect ranch dressing:
- The best part of making your own dressing is that you can adjust the seasonings! Sometimes I like to add extra dill.
- You can use fresh herbs if you like. Fresh dill is so delicious! You will have to use more (about double) if using fresh parsley, dill, garlic, and onion.
- I typically use the full-fat sour cream for a richer taste, but low-fat works, too.
- Low-fat buttermilk is fine to substitute for a healthy homemade ranch dressing.
- Greek yogurt instead of sour cream is a great low-calorie, high protein substitute for sour cream.
- Don’t have buttermilk? Did you know you can substitute 1/2 cup whole or 2 percent milk with a few drops of lemon juice or white vinegar in it? Just add the acidic lemon or vinegar to the milk and let it sit a minute before adding into your recipe.
- If you have time, make this ranch dressing recipe ahead. I do think this buttermilk ranch dressing tastes better the next day!
How long does homemade ranch dressing last?
A homemade ranch dressing will keep in the refrigerator for about a week. In general, any homemade dressing with dairy in it is safe to eat for a week. Just keep it cold and sealed in a glass container.
Homemade dressings that are vinaigrettes – vinegar- and oil-based, rather than dairy-based – will keep about two weeks in the fridge. Oil is a preservative, but it will also go bad if it’s not kept cold. So just be sure to practice safe storage and handling when you’re making your homemade dressings!
Homemade Ranch Recipe
If you like ranch, be sure to give this homemade ranch dip a try. Super easy and super delicious. It’s the perfect thickness and texture for dipping veggies and chips. Once you learn how to make ranch dip at home, I promise you won’t want to go back to the tubs or powdered mixes.
A ranch dip is perfect for entertaining. This is the best ranch dipping sauce. Whip it up, then serve it in a bowl surrounded by healthy veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, and carrots.
You’ll have a hit appetizer at any dinner, football party, or lunch-time get together. Anything that makes people reach for more vegetables is a hit in my book! Every time I serve homemade ranch, I end up putting out more veggies because they all get eaten!
We love ranch dressing as a dip for pizza and chicken wings, too. How about tater tots or french fries? The possibilities are limited only by your imagination!
What is your favorite homemade dressing recipe? I am so happy to hear so many of you loved ranch and enjoyed this recipe.
If you’re looking for an excuse to enjoy this ranch dressing recipe, don’t miss these cute veggie tray ideas.
Let’s keep in touch! Sign up to get crafty ideas, recipes, sewing tutorials and more delivered right to your inbox. Follow Skip to My Lou on FB and Google+ to find out the latest news! Join me at Pinterest and Instagram for an extra dose of fun!