In just a few minutes you can whip up this free crochet shamrock pattern for St Patrick’s Day! You are going to love this easy crochet shamrock. Make a bunch and make a garland to decorate.
I love simple crochet patterns that can be whipped up in minutes. Have you tried this easy crochet rose?
Turn these little clovers into pins or cute little hair clips. You can crochet just about anything with a little time and practice. Check out these crochet patterns for St Patricks Day. Once you have made some St Patricks Day decorations like these hanging shamrocks (free printable shamrock templates included) you might want to serve up some fun food. This candied green popcorn is a sweet treat!
This is my very first crochet video tutorial so please be patient. I tried to make it as quick as possible. I hope it helps you easily create a shamrock! Don’t miss all the crochet patterns. It is a huge database of free crochet patterns. You will be able to make a long list of projects. There are 100’s of patterns to choose from.
Crochet Shamrock Supplies
This a great way to use up bits of yarn. A don’t worry if all the greens are different if making a garland. I think it would look great done this way. I am thinking a rainbow of shamrocks would be super fun too.
- Crochet Hook J
- A small amount of green worsted weight yarn
Free shamrock crochet Pattern
Chain 4, join with a slip stitch in the first chain to form a ring.
Petal (make 3): Chain 3, trc, dc, trc, ch 3, slip stitch in ring.
Stem: Chain 6, sc in 2nd chain from hook, and slip stitch in remaining four chains. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
Learn how to turn this cute three leaf clover into a festive St Patricks Day decoration by turning them into a crochet shamrock garland. Do notice I did use a different sized crochet hook for the garland.
Crochet Flower Patterns
Another thing I love to crochet is flowers! These are perfect projects to take along in your purse for when you have a few extra minutes waiting at appointments or in the carpool line.
- If you are just getting started crocheting you will be amazed at how easy and beautiful this crochet rose is to make.
- I am always on the lookout for beautiful crochet flowers. This list won’t disappoint.
- This large crochet flower would be the perfect embellishment for a hat!
My Favorite Crochet Tools
- If you are like me and like to crochet on the go this tote is a stylish way to keep everything you need at your fingertips!
- My MOST FAVORITE tool is these portable scissors that always make it through security and fit perfectly in my hook case.
- A️ yarn bowl is a beautiful way to wrangle yarn while crocheting
- Keep organized with this crochet hooks kit with a case. This 85-piece kit has over 2,500 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ five-star reviews.
- Crochet Stitch Dictionary: 200 Essential Stitches with Step-by-Step Photos is the most helpful resource to keep handy!
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
Thank you for this. I had this pattern many years ago and wanted to make some more for this year. I was going to try to remember but wasn’t getting it. You saved the day!
Perfect little shamrock that is perfectly easy to make! Thank you for sharing! ☘️
What a darling pattern! Thank you for sharing.
Two years ago my husband was hospitalized, so I made the nurses shamrock pins from your pattern! They loved them! A year ago we were quarantined out of town, so I made the shamrock garland!
Wonderful pattern! Thank you🍀