Free crochet scarf patterns will keep you warm and cozy this winter or dress up an outfit. Whip one up for a useful and heartfelt handmade gift.
Free Crochet Scarf Patterns
These easy crochet scarf patterns are an excellent way to learn how to crochet or experiment with new designs and stitches.
Here is a selection of free patterns in many different shapes, sizes, and designs. Scarves make a great project for beginners.
The stitchwork looks tricky but all you need to know is single, half double, and double crochet stitches!
The stitch pattern is reminiscent of falling leaves and combined with the border detailing it’s both feminine and modern. It is light and cozy warm at the same time. Wear it over your shoulders like a traditional wrap or stole, wind it around your torso like a clever sweater, or bunch it up around your neck as an oversize scarf.
A triangle shawl worked top-down and is full of visual texture.
Crochet Winter Scarf Patterns
This generously sized scarf makes a versatile addition to any winter wardrobe. Wear it long, wrapped multiple times around the neck, or even pulled over the head as a hood.
This easy scarf is made with medium or worsted weight yarn.
This soft and snuggly one uses chunky, color-changing yarn so it can be made in no time. It uses the most basic single crochet stitch making it a perfect crochet scarf pattern for beginners.
Bulky yarn is super thick so this free crochet cowl pattern stitches up super quick!
Decorative buttons just above the cable section to finish it off with style.
Red Heart free crochet scarf patterns are perfect for making one on a budget. Soft Essentials Red Heart yarn is a nice choice.
How Do You Crochet Fringe on a Scarf?
Wondering how to crochet a fringe on a scarf check out this tutorial.
My Favorite Crochet Tools
- If you are like me and like to crochet on the go this tote is a stylish way to keep everything you need at your fingertips!
- My MOST FAVORITE tool is these portable scissors that always make it through security and fit perfectly in my hook case.
- A️ yarn bowl is a beautiful way to wrangle yarn while crocheting
- Keep organized with this crochet hooks kit with a case. This 85-piece kit has over 2,500 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ five-star reviews.
- Crochet Stitch Dictionary: 200 Essential Stitches with Step-by-Step Photos is the most helpful resource to keep handy!
Easy Crochet Projects For you:
- Crochet Sweater Patterns For Everyone
- Crochet Star
- Crochet Wreath Ornament
- Crochet Stitches
- Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Crochet Scarf Patterns
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.