Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Is it cold where you live right now? This free crochet cowl pattern will keep you warm. It uses thick yarn so it stitches up super quick! Plus it looks great. Look at how cute my super sweet friend Jen Hadfield looks wearing the crochet cowl!
Crochet Cowl Supplies
Size N hook
I have made this with both Michael’s Loops & Threads Coy Wool Yarn, or Lion Brand Thick & Quick Yarn. Any thicker yarn will work.
Approx = Approximately
Beg = Begin(ning)
Ch = Chain(s)
Dc = Double crochet
Rep = Repeat
Rnd = Round(s)
Sl st = Slip stitch
Sp = Space
MEASUREMENTS: Approx 9″ wide x 25½ ” around.
GAUGE: 7 sc and 7 rows = 4″
Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
Ch 44. Join with sl st to form ring, being careful not to twist ch.
1st rnd: Ch 3 (counts as dc). (1 dc. Ch 1. 2 dc) in first ch. Skip next 3 ch. *(2 dc. Ch 1. 2 dc) in next ch. Skip next 3 ch. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to top of beg ch-3.
2nd rnd: Sl st in next dc and next ch-1 sp. Ch 3 (counts as dc). (1 dc. Ch 1. 2 dc) in same ch-1 sp. *(2 dc. Ch 1. 2 dc) in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to top of beg ch-3.
Rep 2nd rnd until work from beg measures approx 9″ .
Next rnd: Sl st in next dc and ch-1 sp. Ch 3. *Sl st in next ch-1 sp. Ch 3. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first ch-1 sp.
Pattern from Michael’s Arts & Crafts Loops & Threads Design Team
My Favorite Crochet Tools
- If you are like me and like to crochet on the go this tote is a stylish way to keep everything you need at your fingertips!
- My MOST FAVORITE tool is these portable scissors that always make it through security and fit perfectly in my hook case.
- A️ yarn bowl is a beautiful way to wrangle yarn while crocheting
- Keep organized with this crochet hooks kit with a case. This 85-piece kit has over 2,500 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ five star reviews.
- Crochet Stitch Dictionary: 200 Essential Stitches with Step-by-Step Photos is the most helpful resource to keep handy!