Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Have you seen the cutest Christmas countdown calendar ever? My Santa Beard countdown is adorable, easy and so fun for kids of all ages to enjoy this Christmas!
Related: Make this Nativity Printable Advent Calendar or Reverse Advent Calendar to welcome baby Jesus and focus on giving.
Supplies NEEDED for Santa Beard Advent Calendar
- White Cardstock
- Color Printer
- Glue Stick or White Glue
- White Cotton Ball Puffs or White Pom Poms
- Plastic bag to hold cotton balls
- Free printable templates below
Download, Print, and Play My Christmas Countdown Calendar
- Download the Christmas Countdown poem and the Santa image of your choice.
- Print the PDFs in color on white stock. You could send them to your local print shop or print them at home.
- Hang it on your refrigerator or wherever it is fun to see and easy to add cotton balls.
Santa Claus Beard Countdown Calendar Instructions
Starting December 1st, use this cute poem to introduce this Christmas calendar, Cotton balls or poms can be kept in a bag to keep them handy.
Each day your kiddos will glue 1 cotton ball (or a white pom) to Santa’s beard. So, as Santa’s beard fills up, it can only mean one thing! Christmas day is almost here and Santa is coming.
Why Use a Christmas Countdown Calendar?
Countdown calendars are great fun, but did you think about the educational benefits of using one? Kids practice numeral awareness, counting forward and backward and concepts like more than and less than. This calendar requires kids to match one cotton ball to one circle on Santa’s beard. In addition to math skills and fine motor skills, countdown calendars are great for creating anticipation and building excitement.
Teachers can start this in the classroom during calendar time or during their morning arrival routine. Send this home in zip-loc bags with cotton balls so the kiddos can keep counting down during Christmas break!
Before the Ho Ho Ho
I’m thrilled you stopped by to countdown to Christmas with my Santa Beard countdown craft! This holiday season is so exciting, I think I’m worse than any kid out there! So, I’ve got more ways to count down to Christmas if you’d like to take a peek! Let me know in the comments what you think!
- This Free Printable Advent Calendar has loads of activities to go with it.
- The advent Calendar turns a wooden yardstick into the perfect Advent Calendar for anyone that loves to build.
- DIY Advent Calendar made with the Cricut is so easy! Cut out the numbers and apply them to muslin bags for something lovely.
- Reindeer Advent Calendar uses brown felt, red pom poms, wooden clothes pins and googly eyes to make the cutest 24 reindeer ever!
- Snowflake countdown calendar
- Midnight Christmas Village Advent Calendar
- Kids love these Santa crafts to celebrate the Christmas season. These easy crafts are a fun way to wait for Santa’s arrival.
- Don’t miss my Santa Hat pattern. You can’t believe how easy it is to make Santa’s hat.