Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
For six years now we have hosted “Breakfast with Santa” for our son’s basketball team. Kids never really outgrow Santa!
This is a great way to start a tradition with your children that includes their friends.
Related: More Santa ideas you can enjoy The Best Santa Coloring Pages To Color This Season.
This is a great bonding experience between your child and their friends and what a wonderful time of the year to highlight their friendship.
Make Breakfast with Santa Special
I try to make it look special from candles on the table to hanging stars from the chandelier.
I hot glued three candy canes together to make an easel to hold each of the boys’ names for place cards. We drink hot coca out of Santa mugs and I let these rowdy boys use the fine china for such a special occasion!
We eat pancakes, bacon, sausage ——and a few snowman doughnuts. Mini powder sugar doughnuts with a candy corn nose and candy eyes (from the cake decorating store).
Craft or Game
Usually, we make a craft but this year I couldn’t resist playing “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader” with these fifth-grade boys. Santa graciously agreed!
Santa takes a photo with each boy
Hands out a small gift to each boy.
“Twas the Night Before Christmas”
In the past Santa has read “Twas the Night Before Christmas.” This year Santa was so fabulous he said the entire poem from memory. He also reminded the boys how lucky they were, to be good, listen to their moms (thank you Santa) and remember those who don’t have as much.
I’m thankful these boys still go along and just lose themselves in the magic of the morning!
I love sharing more ideas from recipes to crafts for you to use during a breakfast with Santa.
More Breakfast With Santa Ideas
- FUN & Festive Christmas Crafts That Are EASY! will make holiday decor fun, with everything from Christmas ornaments to Christmas gifts.
- How to Draw Santa With Easy Steps simple step-by-step drawing tutorial.
- Christmas Candy Charcuterie Board a delicious way to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth without breaking the bank.
- Printable Christmas Games include funny Christmas party games that the whole family and all your friends can enjoy.
- Christmas Movie Trivia Game is the best way to entertain trivia-loving guests at your Christmas gathering!
- Left Right Christmas Game is a fun gift exchange game to play with friends during the holidays.
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes many to choose from.
- The BEST Christmas Cookies to give as a holiday treat.
- FUN & Festive Christmas Crafts That Are EASY! Christmas crafts to make will keep kids of all ages busy and excited for the big day!
- Santa DIY Christmas Ornaments are easy to make with a glass ball ornament and a little paint.
- Christmas Charcuterie Board Recipes they are simple to make, super customizable, and did we mention – so delicious?!
I would love to hear how you made your Breakfast with Santa special.
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
Any suggestions on where I can find candy corn this time of year?
Came across this when I was looking for party themes. Wonderful idea 🙂
Such a cute idea! I actually know Santa so I might plan something like this for the kids.
Did you make the stars that were hanging from the ceiling? If so, how? Great ideas!!
Reverend Tex B. Acon says
I really liked your blog! Praise Bacon and Hallelujah 🙂
Jerry (female) says
What a wonderful thing you do. My husband use to be a Santa and go to homes for parties and we have had gathering and i think your doing a wonderful thing.
I loved everything about this post, so many great ideas!!! I loved your snowman doughnuts and decided to make them for my girls and my nieces right before Christmas. While at the store buying the doughnuts I couldn’t help wanting to buy the chocolate ones (I like them much better). So the next morning I made the snowman doughnuts, put 3 together to make a whole snowman, then used the chocolate ones and made penguins. They turned out SO cute and the girls LOVED them. Thanks for the great, easy idea!! When I get pictures up on my blog of them I will let you know and give you credit for the idea 🙂
I am SO happy I found your blog..I think your ideas are amazing!! Keep up the great work and thanks for inspiring me!
suzie sews says
Linked over form blog of the day…My you have some very impressive stuff going on here, I adore this breakfast with Santa and all your brillent ideas…I shall be back
All the best for the New Year
I made those snowmen doughnuts with cake writing and the are just adorable. I’ll get a photo on my site soon. Thanks.
I love the powdered donut idea! very cool! Jen R
I just found your blog and saw your candy cane name place holders and whipped up a few for our house! Thank you for the clever idea!