For six years now we have hosted “Breakfast with Santa” for our son’s basketball team. Kids never really outgrow Santa!
This is a great way to start a tradition with your children that includes their friends.
Related: More Santa ideas you can enjoy The Best Santa Coloring Pages To Color This Season.
This is a great bonding experience between your child and their friends and what a wonderful time of the year to highlight their friendship.
Make Breakfast with Santa Special
I try to make it look special from candles on the table to hanging stars from the chandelier.
I hot glued three candy canes together to make an easel to hold each of the boys’ names for place cards. We drink hot coca out of Santa mugs and I let these rowdy boys use the fine china for such a special occasion!
We eat pancakes, bacon, sausage ——and a few snowman doughnuts. Mini powder sugar doughnuts with a candy corn nose and candy eyes (from the cake decorating store).
Craft or Game
Usually, we make a craft but this year I couldn’t resist playing “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader” with these fifth-grade boys. Santa graciously agreed!
Santa takes a photo with each boy
Hands out a small gift to each boy.
“Twas the Night Before Christmas”
In the past Santa has read “Twas the Night Before Christmas.” This year Santa was so fabulous he said the entire poem from memory. He also reminded the boys how lucky they were, to be good, listen to their moms (thank you Santa) and remember those who don’t have as much.
I’m thankful these boys still go along and just lose themselves in the magic of the morning!
I love sharing more ideas from recipes to crafts for you to use during a breakfast with Santa.
More Breakfast With Santa Ideas
- FUN & Festive Christmas Crafts That Are EASY! will make holiday decor fun, with everything from Christmas ornaments to Christmas gifts.
- How to Draw Santa With Easy Steps simple step-by-step drawing tutorial.
- Christmas Candy Charcuterie Board a delicious way to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth without breaking the bank.
- Printable Christmas Games include funny Christmas party games that the whole family and all your friends can enjoy.
- Christmas Movie Trivia Game is the best way to entertain trivia-loving guests at your Christmas gathering!
- Left Right Christmas Game is a fun gift exchange game to play with friends during the holidays.
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes many to choose from.
- The BEST Christmas Cookies to give as a holiday treat.
- FUN & Festive Christmas Crafts That Are EASY! Christmas crafts to make will keep kids of all ages busy and excited for the big day!
- Santa DIY Christmas Ornaments are easy to make with a glass ball ornament and a little paint.
- Christmas Charcuterie Board Recipes they are simple to make, super customizable, and did we mention – so delicious?!
I would love to hear how you made your Breakfast with Santa special.