Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Turkey finger puppets are a great way to entertain and engage kids. So easy to make and lots of fun to play with.
RELATED: Kids might also like to learn how to draw a turkey.
Turkey Puppet Craft Supplies
- a few pieces of felt (brown and a variety of colors)
- some googly eyes
- sewing machine or needle and thread
- pinking shears (optional)
How to Make Turkey Finger Puppets
With just a few supplies you can make this super cute turkey craft! Kids get to enjoy making and then playing.
- Cut two pieces of brown felt larger than a finger (allow extra for the seam)
- Sew the pieces of felt together (middle picture above).
- Embellish the edge of the brown felt with pinking shears if desired.
- Using a variety of felt colors cut tail feathers, a beak, and waddle.
- Glue the feathers to the back and the eyes, beak, and waddle to the front.
IDEA: Have the bodies sewed and the pieces cut so children can assemble before Thanksgiving dinner. The puppets can be drying during dinner so kids can put on a puppet show after dinner.
More Puppets to Make
Puppets are a great way to encourage imaginative play and build creativity.
If your kids like puppets they will love this darling
When your holiday celebration is over and you find yourself with leftover turkey this Turkey Noodle Soup is amazing!