Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Turkey finger puppets are a great way to entertain and engage kids. So easy to make and lots of fun to play with.
Kids might also like to learn how to draw a turkey.
I’m so happy you are here! I love sharing easy ideas to brighten your day and help you be creative! Whenever you need a fun idea or creative activity please come visit me! I will keep you stocked with loads of crafty ideas and free printables. Do you have something special that you like to give as a neighbor gift? I would love to hear about it in the comments.
Turkey Puppet Craft Supplies
- a few pieces of felt (brown and a variety of colors)
- some googly eyes
- sewing machine or needle and thread
- pinking shears (optional)
How to Make Turkey Finger Puppets
With just a few supplies you can make this super cute turkey craft! Kids get to enjoy making and then playing.
- Cut two pieces of brown felt larger than a finger (allow extra for the seam)
- Sew the pieces of felt together (middle picture above).
- Embellish the edge of the brown felt with pinking shears if desired.
- Using a variety of felt colors cut tail feathers, a beak, and waddle.
- Glue the feathers to the back and the eyes, beak, and waddle to the front.
IDEA: Have the bodies sewed and the pieces cut so children can assemble before Thanksgiving dinner. The puppets can be drying during dinner so kids can put on a puppet show after dinner.
More Puppets to Make
Puppets are a great way to encourage imaginative play and build creativity.
When your holiday celebration is over and you find yourself with leftover turkey this Turkey Noodle Soup is amazing!