Make friends feel special with simple gifts for Valentines Day! I have everything you need with my Valentine Gift Tag Bundle. It is now 75% OFF. Learn More
Turkey finger puppets are a great way to entertain and engage kids. So easy to make and lots of fun to play with.
Kids might also like to learn how to draw a turkey.
I’m so happy you are here! I love sharing easy ideas to brighten your day and help you be creative! Whenever you need a fun idea or creative activity please come visit me! I will keep you stocked with loads of crafty ideas and free printables.
Turkey Puppet Craft Supplies
- a few pieces of felt (brown and a variety of colors)
- some googly eyes
- sewing machine or needle and thread
- pinking shears (optional)
How to Make Turkey Finger Puppets
With just a few supplies you can make this super cute turkey craft! Kids get to enjoy making and then playing.
- Cut two pieces of brown felt larger than a finger (allow extra for the seam)
- Sew the pieces of felt together (middle picture above).
- Embellish the edge of the brown felt with pinking shears if desired.
- Using a variety of felt colors cut tail feathers, a beak, and waddle.
- Glue the feathers to the back and the eyes, beak, and waddle to the front.
IDEA: Have the bodies sewed and the pieces cut so children can assemble before Thanksgiving dinner. The puppets can be drying during dinner so kids can put on a puppet show after dinner.
More Puppets to Make
Puppets are a great way to encourage imaginative play and build creativity.
When your holiday celebration is over and you find yourself with leftover turkey this Turkey Noodle Soup is amazing!
LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH!
I would love to keep you fully stocked with creative ideas, yummy recipes, fun crafts, and loads of free printables. Subscribe to Skip to my Lou to get new ideas delivered to your inbox. Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.