Make Somebodys Day! Send Good Vibes. Everything you need over 50% OFF. Learn More
Sugar scrub is a super easy gift that your friends will love! Wrap up a heartfelt and useful homemade gift or make this sugar scrub for yourself (I do!).
Only 3 ingredients and super easy to make. This lavender scrub will leave your skin super soft and silky.
Related: If you love making gifts as I do, please take a look at all my handmade gift ideas.
Gift-giving made easy! Your friends will love this invigorating scrub.
What is a sugar scrub good for?
A sugar scrub exfoliates and moisturizes the skin to reveal smoother, glowing skin. Sugar is a natural source of glycolic acid, that penetrates the skin and encourages cell turnover generating fresher, younger-looking skin. Coconut oil moisturizes the skin.
How do you use a sugar scrub?
While in the shower gently rub small amounts of the scrub in a circular motion on the wet skin. Sugar granules could irritate and even tear sensitive skin so rub gently. Rinse. Say goodbye to dry skin, you will love how silky your body feels.
How often should you use a sugar scrub?
Use sugar scrub a few times a week. It is for sure a sweet treat for the skin. No worries it doesn’t make you sticky! Sugar scrubs typically offer gentle yet effective exfoliation, however, this varies by the type of sugar you use. While I use this recipe not only on my body but also on my face, a brown sugar scrub might be a softer face scrub.
Sugar Scrub Ingredients
This post contains affiliate links.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil measured solid or 1/2 cup fractionated coconut oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- glass jars (this recipe fills 1 half-pint 8oz mason jar or two 4 ounce jars)
- essential oils
- printable labels
- 2 1/4 inch circle punch
- cardstock (or sticker paper)
Sugar Scrub Recipe
This sugar scrub is a mix of essential oils, sugar, and oil. The sugar is an inexpensive but super-effective exfoliator and the coconut oil is wonderfully moisturizing. Add in the benefits of lavender essential oil and you have made amazing sugar scrub.
Lavender Essential Oil
The scent of lavender is wonderful, but the best thing about lavender is it has a wide range of health benefits. Lavender essential oil soothes the body and mind by relieving anxious thoughts and balancing the mood.
How to Make Lavender Sugar Scrub
Melt coconut oil and let cool. Stir in 1 1/4 cups sugar. Add 15 drops of good-quality essential oils. Essential oils can be adjusted according to your liking. I often add around 20 drops.
Place the sugar scrub into a small canning jar. My labels will fit on the top of most canning jars or stick them on the front of a cute jar.
- While solid or liquid coconut oil works great I have been using fractionated coconut oil. This is coconut oil that stays liquid. It makes it super easy to scoop out of the jar when the air temperature is cooler.
- Olive oil can also be used instead of coconut oil. Pick one that doesn’t have a heavy scent. You might also want to experiment with other oils like sweet almond oil.
Sugar scrubs make a great DIY gift! Just put them in a cute jar and add my printable tag. It is a pampering and useful gift for moms, friends, or Christmas gifts!
Download and print the sugar scrub labels on cardstock. I love the natural look of kraft-colored cardstock. Use a 2 1/4 circle punch to easily cut out the labels.
Place the label on the top of the jar. Tie a ribbon around the top of the jar and you have a darling gift! You can even tie on a wooden spoon for them to scoop out the scrub with!
Homemade Scrub Recipes
- Feeling fatigued? Make a lemon sugar scrub. Use the above recipe with lemon essential oil instead of lavender for an energizing scrub.
- Peppermint Scrub recipe – another energizing and invigorating scrub
- Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub only uses FOUR ingredients, and it smells amazing.
- 5 Summber Scrub Recipes are simple and useful!
- Winter Scrubs are simple to follow and perfect for anyone who loves treating themselves to a spa day at home.
More Gift Giving Ideas
Do you love making homemade gifts? I have some really cute holiday gift tags to make gift-giving easy!
- Check out my 25 Christmas Gift Ideas!
- You might also like these Christmas sayings that make clever gifts!
- Cocoa Bomb Packaging For Gift Giving just download and print this cocoa bomb packaging printable, add the cocoa bomb, and you’re all set to make someone feel special.
- Holiday Cookies Jar Recipe for Gift Giving is always a big hit with friends, neighbors, and coworkers.
- Give your friends the gift of warmth with this Super Chunky Crochet Cowl Pattern
- You Are Made of Wonderful Gift Tags are a sweet way to celebrate any holiday, attach to gifts for your best friend or partner in crime, or to give a thinking of you gift.
- Crochet Gifts are always appreciated since they are made with love and care.
Which sugar scrub did you make?