Craft up a darling flower with baking cups. You only need baking cups and a Tootsie Pop (or another round sucker) to make the flowers. The leaves are a simple trick I will show you how to make!
Baking cup flowers make wonderful Valentines. Isn’t it amazing that simple muffin cups can be turned into beautiful flowers? They are a perfect way to give your Valentine a sweet treat!
Related: Looking for more floral fun? Here is a burst of color and creativity with flower coloring pages! These beautifully detailed blossoms make charming Valentine’s cards! Explore the joy of coloring while creating adorable and personalized greetings for your loved ones.
Baking Cup Flower Supplies
- green masking tape (typically this is painter’s tape)
- regular hole punch
- paper baking cups or some say muffin cups ( six for each flower)
- wire (easily bendable floral wire)
- Tootsie Pops or Blow Pop Suckers for larger flowers Dum Dum suckers for mini flowers
How to Make Baking Cup Flowers
How to Make Paper Flowers From Cupcake Liners
These paper flowers made from baking cups are a simple and charming craft that can be used for Valentines, decorations, gifts, or just as a fun creative project!
- Fold four paper baking cups into half and lay two out flat.
2. Punch a hole 1/4 inch from the edge on the four folded papers.
3. Fold the other two papers in half and punch off the edge to make a hole in the center of the baking cup (like paper on the left side), and open it back up.
4. Place four folded papers onto a sucker stick, overlapping 1/4 of the baking cup each time a piece of paper is added. Then place two open papers.
How to make masking tape leaves
You are going to be shocked at how realistic these leaves look and you only use masking tape and wire.
- Lay two pieces of green masking tape about 7 inches long, sticky side facing up. Place a piece of wire in the center of one piece.
- Put sticky sides together with wire sandwiched in the middle.
- Cut a leaf shape at each end with 1 inch trimmed in the middle.
- Twist leaves underneath paper baking cups. It is easy to write to and from on the masking tape leaves.
So cute! What a fun little project that even kids can do!
How to Make Mini Paper Muffin Cup Flowers
If you would like to make a smaller flower just use mini baking cup liners.
Fold the four center papers in 1/4 to make a pie shape for a different look.
Arrange papers on a sucker stick for another beautiful flower.
Mini muffin cup papers can be folded either way for mini flowers.
Dum Dum Bouquet
A Dum Dum Bouquet is a clever candy arrangement where Dum Dum lollipops are arranged like a colorful bouquet. It’s a fun and sweet way to present lollipops for a cheerful surprise!
You can have a whole flower bouquet in no time.
More Flowers to Make
Love flowers? Try this sweet printable paper flower Valentine! Just print!
Who doesn’t love a little extra cash? A money bouquet would be a thoughtful way to give Valentine Flowers.
If you don’t want to add a sucker these baking cup flowers don’t need one!
Fabric flowers are easy to make and are beautiful to embellish just about anything!
This crochet rose is a beginner project that anyone can do!