How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers
Have you ever wondered how to make tissue paper flowers? Making flowers out of tissue paper is a fun and easy craft. Little kids can do much of the work in making these and school-age kids can actually make these themselves.
If you love flowers check out these DIY paper flowers. So many beautiful ideas.
Tissue Paper Flowers
DIY tissue paper flowers are super easy and make a beautiful display, especially for parties! Think how beautiful these tissue paper flowers would be at weddings, bridal showers, baby showers or even a birthday party. If you find yourself without flowers for May Day, they would be perfect in a May Day Basket. The color combinations are only limited by your imagination! The supplies are easy to find and very economical.
How to make tissue paper flowers step by step
Here is how to make tissue paper flowers in just ten simple steps. Here is what you need to get started.
Tissue Paper Flowers Supplies
- 5 – 6 sheets of tissue paper (two each of three colors)
- thin wire
- chenille stem (pipe cleaner)
How to make paper flowers video
Make flowers out of tissue
You will never believe that stacks of tissue paper and the humble pipe cleaner can make such gorgeous flowers! These tissue paper flowers are perfect for party decor and home decor! The best part they are easy and fun to make!
1.Stack 5 sheets of tissue paper on top of each other. Two sheets each of two colors and one sheet for the center of the flower. If you want a bigger center, add another sheet to the center.
2. Cut the stack in half.
3. Make one stack, sorting the colors together. Trim the center color of the flower (top 2 sheets) about two inches on each side.
4. Cut slits along each side.
5. Accordion fold the tissue paper.
6. Twist a piece of wire around the center of the folded tissue paper.
7. Round off each end with scissors.
8. Open up the tissue paper.
9. Starting with the top layer of tissue paper, carefully bring each layer to the center. Tissue paper can tear easily, so you may need to guide a child with this step.
10. Place a chenille stem around the middle and twist to make a stem.
Beautiful tissue paper flowers in minutes! A flower to keep, or a gift to give! Why stop at just one? This DIY tissue paper flower is such an easy project, you can have your very own garden in no time. Beautiful and full of color, it will brighten up the space of classrooms, parties, holidays. The bright colored flowers are cheery and would make a great pick-me-up bouquet for a friend having a hard week, or as a gift for a neighbor “just to say hi”. You could take a couple of flowers to someone during their hospital stay, or brighten up the space of a loved one in a nursing home.
More Decoration Ideas:
- Valentines Day: use red, pink, and white
- St. Patrick’s Day: use shades of green, white, and black
- Easter: use pink, yellow, blue, green, and any shade of pastel
- July 4th: use red, white, and blue
- Halloween: use orange, yellow, white, and black
- Thanksgiving: use orange, gold, yellow, and brown
- Christmas: use red (think poinsettia)
- Baby showers: use pink and white or blue and white
- Graduation: use the school colors
If you are looking for more fun craft ideas here are a few of my most popular tutorials. Reversible tote bag, DIY Stepping stones or even this DIY bird feeder. All of these projects are a fun craft that you can complete with a school-age child. They also make great gifts! Who doesn’t love a sweet handmade gift?