I Love You Bunches Flower Handprint Craft is an adorable handprint art gift for mom! If you are looking for the sweetest Mother’s Day crafts for 3/ 5 year olds, look no further! (Actually, this can be done with hands of ANY age!)
Mother’s Day art projects and Mother’s Day craft ideas are a few of my specialties here at Skip to My Lou! I’m so honored you are here today for these precious Mother’s Day handprint flowers! Here is one more easy craft idea! Mother’s Day Newspaper
Here is What You Need to make Mother’s Day handprint flowers
You only need a few supplies to create these lovely handprints! These make beautiful framed pictures. Gather these things and enjoy! Just remember, the paint feels cool and ooey gooey on little palms, so don’t be surprised if there are lots of giggles during this project!
- color printer
- white card stock
- paintbrush (paintbrush or foam brush)
- paint (acrylic paint works and will come out of clothes and wash off skin with water)
- newspapers or something to cover your work surface
- frame ( 8 1/2 by 11 inch frame or larger if you want to use a matte)
How to Make Mother’s Day handprint art
- Download the free printable
- Print in color on heavy cardstock
- Paint the palms of the child’s hand with paint (acrylic works great), and immediately stamp the hand on the paper at the top of a stem. Repeat for the other stem. The same can be done with fingertips to make the fingerprint buds. Wash hands immediately.
- Allow the paint to completely dry.
- Artwork will fit in an 8 1/2 X 11 inch frame or may be trimmed to fit in an 8 x 10 frame.
- If using an 8 x 10 frame do not place handprints too close to the edge. In fact, it would be best to trim cardstock first.
- I use a paint brush instead of dipping the hand to keep from getting too much paint and making the details of the hand hard to see. Practice a couple of times before your final print.
If you’re like me, you love to keep keepsakes from your kids. They grow up so quickly, and before you know it, they won’t be little anymore. These lovely flower bouquets capture their handprints and make a wonderful keepsake that can be beautifully displayed and lasts a lifetime.
Hand print Crafts
Handprint Mother’s Day gifts capture a moment in time and can be treasured for many years. Handprint and footprint art is fun to make and even more, fun to give. If you are not able to find a frame for this Mother’s Day Flower Handprint, turn it into a Mother’s Day card by letting the paint dry completely and writing on the back or putting another piece of card stock behind it to make a handprint card!
Mom will love these!
Imagine a crafty morning spent making Mother’s Day cards and creating the perfect Mother’s Day gift? I’ve got you covered and can’t wait to hear about what you decided to do!